Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My car was on cosmos, its now in southampton. still no Text, have called for updates and they are saying 1st week in march, collection centre is leeds.

Seems a long time to get the car from soton to Leeds, so im wondering if they are waiting for some cars to arrive off the challenge so they can deliver more at leeds on one day

That could be the reason, I’ve been told delivery 1st week of March from Leeds. I was VIN matched week 6 so that would have been W/E 9/2. Not sure which ship mines on as Tesla couldn’t tell me when I called last week.

Just to put things into perspective, by comparing the task now in progress for Tesla UK to other dealer networks.

In January 2020, 2322 BMW 3 series were registered as new vehicles in the UK. BMW has over 150 UK dealers and has a manufacturing plant in Germany, with decades-old logistics routes and simple use of Ro-Ro ferries to get vehicles from plant to UK dealers.

We are in the midst of seeing potentially 10,000 Model 3’s shipped 8,000 miles via 2 ports from a US-based company to 16 UK Dealer locations to be matched, registered and collected in 8 weeks. From a country that has never before seen such demand for one single motoring product into UK/Ireland from a US factory.

Hence it would be no surprise if things took them a while.

It is a mammoth operation for a very inexperienced dealer network at these volumes. Very very painful indeed for the “established” c-segment manufacturers, brilliant for Tesla as a disruptor but they will be completely flat out and in a total state of mayhem.

I can give them a few more weeks to get it sorted.....

I only had confirmation of my order going in on Tuesday from Leaseplan and set up a Tesla account straightaway when looking today I now have a referral code showing, does this mean that a Tesla have received order and processed it.

Hi there, yes it means the order is in and being processed.

I put my order in on Thursday (direct rather than via leasing company) and got receipt immediately and referral code the next day.

The Tesla website says delivery March, but when I spoke to the guys in Milton Keynes they said expect April.

I’m hoping that at this time of the year (ie rushing for quarter numbers) that they ship unallocated to the UK on the basis they know they’ll get sold. Here’s hoping! Maybe others here can comment on that?

Also i had a reservation on from March 2016...don’t know whether this gives me priority or not - used to, but maybe not anymore?

Ordered blue performance white interior on 25/1, hidden vin turned up on 14/2! I’m going to assume it’s on the Morning Cara as it set off on the 10/2. It’s due Zeebrugge 5/3 then I’m guessing two to three weeks to delivery.
If that works out then that’s about 8 weeks. I’ve waited longer than that for a BMW our current VW.

Of course I’m still waiting and the proof will only be when I’m sitting in my model 3 hopefully in Stockport.

Status
Not open for further replies.