Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God this is doing my head in now. Asian King left San Fran yesterday, and people are getting VINs since then. My friend who ordered a P around the same time as me has just out of nowhere been matched and told to expect delivery at Leeds in 2 weeks. Me? F*** all. Tesla have nothing for me and essentially told me to stop calling until end of Feb.

God this is doing my head in now. Asian King left San Fran yesterday, and people are getting VINs since then. My friend who ordered a P around the same time as me has just out of nowhere been matched and told to expect delivery at Leeds in 2 weeks. Me? F*** all. Tesla have nothing for me and essentially told me to stop calling until end of Feb.

I'm a similar boat. I ordered an M3P mid-Jan, where friends have ordered theirs in late Jan/early Feb. They have been VIN matched and I haven't, although they still haven't been given delivery dates/timescales.

I'm a similar boat. I ordered an M3P mid-Jan, where friends have ordered theirs in late Jan/early Feb. They have been VIN matched and I haven't, although they still haven't been given delivery dates/timescales.
I get that they're mentally busy and that they've a lot to content with, but why is it so hard to match in order of order date? Why are people getting cars matched after one week etc., when others have waited several weeks or months? It's not like there's dozens of options making some spec very rare etc. I could deal with the wait if I knew for sure I'd be matched in time for March, but right now it's looking inevitable that it'll be June for me. Surely if I'm not VIN matched by end of Feb, then it's going to be physically impossible to get a March delivery??

I get that they're mentally busy and that they've a lot to content with, but why is it so hard to match in order of order date? Why are people getting cars matched after one week etc., when others have waited several weeks or months? It's not like there's dozens of options making some spec very rare etc. I could deal with the wait if I knew for sure I'd be matched in time for March, but right now it's looking inevitable that it'll be June for me. Surely if I'm not VIN matched by end of Feb, then it's going to be physically impossible to get a March delivery??
As it's based on specification, you can only really compare with others that have ordered your exact same specification through the exact same route (Lease, PCP, Cash). That doesn't help with the frustration though, sorry.

As it's based on specification, you can only really compare with others that have ordered your exact same specification through the exact same route (Lease, PCP, Cash). That doesn't help with the frustration though, sorry.
Very true. My mate's was a week or so later than mine, but is a P. We've both ordered through the same scheme and lease company. P vs LR is the only difference.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
West Drayton 1 hour ago via the "Tesla Model 3 UK Owners" facebook group

Attachments

• 86293261_693934538081812_7365653511440171008_n.jpg
    86293261_693934538081812_7365653511440171008_n.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 55
I recommend no one collect from leeds, still no text received so i call they tell me my car is at Southampton compound awaiting scheduling. they cannot tell me when it will be scheduled. just it is waiting. they then tell me they only have 26 cars scheduled for this week and 10 for the week after.

I ordered in august last year. the car is less than 1 day away and they cant give me a delivery date!

The Tesla mainline tell me that its Leeds that need to schedule delivery and the car is there waiting.

Added to this been promised 2 call backs from Leeds today and not got one

Beyond a joke now

Read my last post. Leeds are shocking

West Drayton 1 hour ago via the "Tesla Model 3 UK Owners" facebook group

Are they from the Glovis COSMOS? If so, it took more than one week to be in the distribution centre from Zeebrugge...
My car is in the Challenge, which is doing an endless circuit near Zeebrugge, so I might get the car by the end of February then. :confused:
I am already exhausted to keep reading this thread... :(

Are they from the Glovis COSMOS? If so, it took more than one week to be in the distribution centre from Zeebrugge...
My car is in the Challenge, which is doing an endless circuit near Zeebrugge, so I might get the car by the end of February then. :confused:

Yes they are from the COSMOS but they were unloaded in Southampton after it went to Zeebrugge

I recommend no one collect from leeds, still no text received so i call they tell me my car is at Southampton compound awaiting scheduling. they cannot tell me when it will be scheduled. just it is waiting. they then tell me they only have 26 cars scheduled for this week and 10 for the week after.

I ordered in august last year. the car is less than 1 day away and they cant give me a delivery date!

The Tesla mainline tell me that its Leeds that need to schedule delivery and the car is there waiting.

Added to this been promised 2 call backs from Leeds today and not got one

Beyond a joke now

That is terrible of Leeds, especially because your order is from August!! It should have been their number one priority.

There are a few of us on here have collection from Leeds; me included, so I bet they are waiting for more cars to come to fill the transporters.

I'm obsessively refreshing the Marine Traffic App and have sadly come to the conclusion that the captain of the Challenge has been drinking the battery coolant... ;-)

From what I’m told, if you’ve told them to delay past March. The next ships come over to UK are June. I don’t understand delaying until April, you would only have to pay BIK for a very small amount of time til new tax year anyway

As I understand it, I’d have to pay the full amount on 40k, as I’m not leasing.

Curious what will happen - I’d already mentioned need for timings by calling up so maybe eg Brooklands will have the leeway...

That is terrible of Leeds, especially because your order is from August!! It should have been their number one priority.

There are a few of us on here have collection from Leeds; me included, so I bet they are waiting for more cars to come to fill the transporters.
Yep this is what i suspect too. but id rather them be honest and say this. also i know another manufacturer if a customer had been waiting this long would send someone with a flatbed to collect the single car.

As you say for me with how long i have waited they should be jumping through hoops but they dont care

Yep this is what i suspect too. but id rather them be honest and say this. also i know another manufacturer if a customer had been waiting this long would send someone with a flatbed to collect the single car.

As you say for me with how long i have waited they should be jumping through hoops but they dont care
If they are delaying our cars to wait for some from the challenge... now thats been delayed it means ours will be delayed

Better still i called and asked could i collect somewhere else if that speeds up delivery.. was told ill check and ring you back in 20 mins.

No call back :(

Status
Not open for further replies.