Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was any difference in so much that when it was £750 it was said to be a refundable deposit, whereas the £100 is a non-refundable order fee.

Also - I assume I can pay on the day via bank transfer (~£61k odd) ? I don't want to have to pay up front and find out that my car is a lemon, not that it should be - touch wood.
I ask, one day before to collection.

• Funny
Reactions: Danb_Cym
So I can't actually see the car or anything until I've paid for it? I thought people funding through finance sort it out on the day?

EDIT: Looks like my daily limit is £30k too. :(

EDIT 2: Actually it looks like it's £50k per transaction, £100k a day max.

Last edited:
initial deposit one day before
Sorry what does this mean - "initial deposit one day before" ?

It looks like I would have to transfer £30k at least 24 hours before at any rate, in order to be able to pay the remaining £30k (would actually be £30,690) the day of collection.

Maybe I'm overcomplicating this.. I'm just a bit anxious that I hand over the full amount of cash and turn up to find there's major issues with the car. Presumably were that to happen and/or within 7 days/£1000 miles I can get a full refund anyway?

Sorry what does this mean - "initial deposit one day before" ?

It looks like I would have to transfer £30k at least 24 hours before at any rate, in order to be able to pay the remaining £30k (would actually be £30,690) the day of collection.

Maybe I'm overcomplicating this.. I'm just a bit anxious that I hand over the full amount of cash and turn up to find there's major issues with the car. Presumably were that to happen and/or within 7 days/£1000 miles I can get a full refund anyway?
"initial deposit" it's about on PCP. with cash it's another story. why you have to think will find issues on the car? be positive!!
i know, could happen, but no read nothing about this. no worries, everything will going excellent.
i will tell you Wednesday ahahahhaha
ups, it's only one week from now..
Edit: initial deposit=downpayment

Untitled.png

Reactions: Matt2000 and Durzel
Just spoke to a very nice Dutch lady about my order after a 10 minute wait on phone (01628450660 option 4).

She confirmed that my car is on the Morning Cara (I suspected so from hidden VIN date 14/12) so I have been watching the correct ship. Delivery mid-March all being well.
Will be hoping for no delays in getting to Zee on 5th March.
Yay!! :):) Happy days are coming, maybe ICE rental can go back early :)

That sounds great, I got my hidden vin on 14/2? I am also watching the Morning Cara with fingers crossed. Just to confirm 14/12 or 14/2 for your vin?

Just spotted that too! I have a black / black performance with hidden VIN on way ... anyone have any experience of switching to a stock model?
I really don’t get Tesla!
These are exactly what I’ve ordered but according to them yesterday I wasn’t matched. WTF??
Leasing it so what can I do, ring the lease company up and request a stock vehicle or do you think I’ve been matched today as well and they are all on the same boat? any advice?

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was any difference in so much that when it was £750 it was said to be a refundable deposit, whereas the £100 is a non-refundable order fee.

Also - I assume I can pay on the day via bank transfer (~£61k odd) ? I don't want to have to pay up front and find out that my car is a lemon, not that it should be - touch wood.
That wasn't the impression that I had. The email suggested that the money needed to have been verified by their folks in the US before they would release the vehicle.

Interesting how much variation in messaging there is.

Just had update from VWFS

Hi Christopher,

I have received your latest order update from Tesla. Your vehicle is currently showing to be one of the vehicles that has now been matched and on a ship. They are anticipating delivery of this vehicle to be late March to yourselves.

We will keep in regular contact with Tesla and will keep you informed of any further updates we receive.

Wow: I have had EXACTLY that text emailed to me today through Gateway2lease (even the name!)

Make sure to check with your bank regarding paying on collection. Mine has a daily limit of £30,000, so I'll have to make 2 payments for my Model 3.
You organise a CHAPS payment for £25 it’s what conveyances use for house purchases that are usually high fees. But you need to speak with your bank beforehand to avoid this transaction being flagged (very very very likely...)

Status
Not open for further replies.