Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is quick. I rang Tesla today only to be told Tusker didn't order until the 21st and I may get one end of April or earlier.

So i am none the wiser still. Tusker seem a little lost I guess they have been inundated with orders, as have Tesla.
No excuse for Tuskers poor customer service as far as I am concerned. They haven't even tried to contact me through the whole process.

For information, I ordered a listed inventory M3P yesterday (02/03/2020) said to be at London. Tesla rang me today to say my M3P is on a ship en route to UK. I should expect to get "a text" around a week before the estimated delivery which they told me may be around 21st/22nd March (approx). I was told as my desired collection point is Stockport they would ensure the car is transported direct from dock to Stockport in due course.

Reactions: Danb_Cym
For information, I ordered a listed inventory M3P yesterday (02/03/2020) said to be at London. Tesla rang me today to say my M3P is on a ship en route to UK. I should expect to get "a text" around a week before the estimated delivery which they told me may be around 21st/22nd March (approx). I was told as my desired collection point is Stockport they would ensure the car is transported direct from dock to Stockport in due course.

Similar position. Lease company confirmed order yesterday and advised by tesla today I’m on the glovis Captain. My employer aren’t willing to let me have before 6th April due to BIK so unsure how that will go down with Tesla/Leasing company.

Okay so update on my Tusker "in-stock@ car. M3P White/with black. Having chased last week I was told I would be contacted by Tesla for home delivery this week. Tesla up until today has been fairly useful when I call them. Yesterday they said they were waiting on Tuskers authorisation before they can book a delivery slot. Today I chased Tusker and they now claim to have authorised Tesla to contact me. Tesla, when contacted early on today, said my car's on a ship and should be with me towards the end of March. This is Bullsh1t. I called again after I got through to Tusker to confirm authorisation and again Tesla supplied a Bullsh1t answer of its on it's way to Southampton. If I'm not mistaken the ship Grandmark has been and gone from Southampton. Who knows what will happen next. I guess I just got to sit tight.

Similar position. Lease company confirmed order yesterday and advised by tesla today I’m on the glovis Captain. My employer aren’t willing to let me have before 6th April due to BIK so unsure how that will go down with Tesla/Leasing company.
Being a Chartered Accountant, it doesn't make much sense that your employer won't let you have the car before 6th April. The only logic is that someone is too lazy to lodge a P11d saying you have had the car as a Benefit in Kind for a few days before the end of 2019/20 tax year and BIK rate reduces to 0% on 6th April. You receving the car a couple of weeks before 6th April is only going to cost you (and them) a very small prorated amount of tax / Class 1a NIC.

Being a Chartered Accountant, it doesn't make much sense that your employer won't let you have the car before 6th April. The only logic is that someone is too lazy to lodge a P11d saying you have had the car as a Benefit in Kind for a few days before the end of 2019/20 tax year and BIK rate reduces to 0% on 6th April. You receving the car a couple of weeks before 6th April is only going to cost you (and them) a very small prorated amount of tax / Class 1a NIC.

That’s just what i thought, because if the car is sat waiting to be delivered Tesla aren’t going to say ‘OK we’ll wait a few more days’. The problem is my employer order the car through NHS fleet solutions, who then order through VWFS. This means a new contract drawn up, a new approval from the Payroll team, NHSFS to re-approve and a new order to be placed. Despite the small amount of BIK I’d pay, the offer price on the contract has increased by approx £60/month for 3 years/

That’s just what i thought, because if the car is sat waiting to be delivered Tesla aren’t going to say ‘OK we’ll wait a few more days’. The problem is my employer order the car through NHS fleet solutions, who then order through VWFS. This means a new contract drawn up, a new approval from the Payroll team, NHSFS to re-approve and a new order to be placed. Despite the small amount of BIK I’d pay, the offer price on the contract has increased by approx £60/month for 3 years/
Fair enough, that makes much more sense now.

Okay so update on my Tusker "in-stock@ car. M3P White/with black. Having chased last week I was told I would be contacted by Tesla for home delivery this week. Tesla up until today has been fairly useful when I call them. Yesterday they said they were waiting on Tuskers authorisation before they can book a delivery slot. Today I chased Tusker and they now claim to have authorised Tesla to contact me. Tesla, when contacted early on today, said my car's on a ship and should be with me towards the end of March. This is Bullsh1t. I called again after I got through to Tusker to confirm authorisation and again Tesla supplied a Bullsh1t answer of its on it's way to Southampton. If I'm not mistaken the ship Grandmark has been and gone from Southampton. Who knows what will happen next. I guess I just got to sit tight.
I haven't seen many that have had M3P collected/delivered in the past month. Perhaps your car is actually on BROOKLANDS as many with M3P on order have been matched to this ship. I am a Tusker customer and I did see that around 50 in stock white/black M3P were marked with a green "available mid march" sticker. I would say the timing of this matched my vin allocation to a car on BROOKLANDS. There have also been plenty of people saying they have been given M3P delivery dates next week and week after next. I haven't had the official text yet but Tesla have told me that my car will definitely be delivered to me next Wednesday (11th March). I was supposed to get the "text" last week too (according to Tusker) but that never happened. I'd say your "in-stock" car would probably be one from BROOKLANDS, I reckon there's a relatively high proportion of performance ones on her!

I haven't seen many that have had M3P collected/delivered in the past month. Perhaps your car is actually on BROOKLANDS as many with M3P on order have been matched to this ship. I am a Tusker customer and I did see that around 50 in stock white/black M3P were marked with a green "available mid march" sticker. I would say the timing of this matched my vin allocation to a car on BROOKLANDS. There have also been plenty of people saying they have been given M3P delivery dates next week and week after next. I haven't had the official text yet but Tesla have told me that my car will definitely be delivered to me next Wednesday (11th March). I was supposed to get the "text" last week too (according to Tusker) but that never happened. I'd say your "in-stock" car would probably be one from BROOKLANDS, I reckon there's a relatively high proportion of performance ones on her!
I have a performance coming which is on Glovis Captain, won’t be here until the end of March!

Last edited:
I haven't seen many that have had M3P collected/delivered in the past month. Perhaps your car is actually on BROOKLANDS as many with M3P on order have been matched to this ship. I am a Tusker customer and I did see that around 50 in stock white/black M3P were marked with a green "available mid march" sticker. I would say the timing of this matched my vin allocation to a carbon BROOKLANDS. There have also been plenty of people saying they have been given M3P delivery dates next week and week after next. I haven't had the official text yet but Tesla have told me that my car will definitely be delivered to me next Wednesday (11th March). I was supposed to get the "text" last week too (according to Tusker) but that never happened. I'd say your "in-stock" car would probably be one from BROOKLANDS, I reckon there's a relatively high proportion of performance ones on her!
Inha

I have a performance coming which is on Glovis Captain, won’t be here until the end of March!
Sorry to hear that you'll have to wait a bit longer, but will be worth it! Perhaps some of the in stock ones on Tusker are on later ships then?

Reactions: Harv3y
I ordered a M3LR from existing inventory, showing as Southampton. Afterwards I enquired and it was explained it's on a boat and due mid March.

I seem to remember reading that London existing inventory, may actually be in the country. Anyone know about that?

I ordered a M3LR from existing inventory, showing as Southampton. Afterwards I enquired and it was explained it's on a boat and due mid March.

I seem to remember reading that London existing inventory, may actually be in the country. Anyone know about that?
I know that a lot of people on here have enquired about existing inventory in London and they have told them that it is on the same boat as theirs and changing over wouldn’t be any faster for them. So I would therefore believe that that isn’t in the country either!

Yes but you will need to search through the threads on this forum to find how to do it.
It's similar to finding the hidden VIN in the source code.
As long as you quoted the RN it seems to get credited to your account really quickly

Thanks Mr M... quoted my Invoice number on the payment reference (as requested on the Tesla invoice)… hopefully they'll trace it ok. They'd probably easily miss the odd £50k here and there over the next few week as they must be raking in a serious amount at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.