Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for the text, but I was wondering if anyone knows how long you can delay delivery for once you receive it without being assigned a new VIN. While on the one hand I can't wait to receive it, I'm leasing through work so I'm hoping it turns up at the start of April rather than end of March as planned. If I were to try and delay for a week, is it likely that I'd end up getting reassigned and risk having to wait until May/June??
It’s a possibility, I know there is someone on here who’s company is trying to defer until April and it’s risking him losing the car!

Reactions: Blueskye
If I were to try and delay for a week, is it likely that I'd end up getting reassigned and risk having to wait until May/June??

Very likely. For quarterly accounting reasons Tesla do not like holding stock at the end of the quarter - they will try and sell it on elsewhere (and with demand should have no trouble doing so). If you don't want a delay then accept a March delivery. The pro rata'd BIK costs will not be that high if delivered towards end of March anyhow.

Did you get any warning that they were not coming on 4th and 6th, or did they just not turn up on the day? Also did you get a text from Tesla for those dates or just from calling them?

Had texts for each date as well as 24hrs to go text. They pushed out the 4th to the 6th with a few days notice. Then for the 6th delivery, I got a call at 3pm that day saying it was still in Southampton! The link they sent me to track the vehicle just said invalid code too. They then couldn’t reschedule the delivery until the back end of this week, so now really hoping it turns up as planned on Friday. They offered to deliver it to my work address since they’d given me no notice whatsoever last time, but didn’t fancy driving it out of central London as my first time behind the wheel.

It’s a possibility, I know there is someone on here who’s company is trying to defer until April and it’s risking him losing the car!

I've just had a call today telling me that I can collect my car tomorrow (originally slated for collection in JUNE) and I've seen a few others in the same scenario, so it sounds like people are indeed losing their cars by deferring.

Tesla don't like to keep cars in stock (or on ships) over the end of a quarter, and especially not the end of the financial year, because it looks better on their balance sheets to have cash in the bank rather than cars in inventory.

As far as I can tell, the additional BIK tax is about £130.... considering that my current lease is £60/mo more expensive anyway (which is all BIK on that car), I'm basically paying £130 this month in BIK, and saving £180 in BIK over the next 3 months...

Reactions: Harv3y
Had texts for each date as well as 24hrs to go text. They pushed out the 4th to the 6th with a few days notice. Then for the 6th delivery, I got a call at 3pm that day saying it was still in Southampton! The link they sent me to track the vehicle just said invalid code too. They then couldn’t reschedule the delivery until the back end of this week, so now really hoping it turns up as planned on Friday. They offered to deliver it to my work address since they’d given me no notice whatsoever last time, but didn’t fancy driving it out of central London as my first time behind the wheel.

H'mm if mine doesn't turn up on Thursday I will be trying to get them to allow me to pick it up from Heathrow.

I am just hoping someone will post that they had a successful delivery, so far they have all been missed as far as i can see :-(

Anyone pondering how prudent it is to be buying these cars when it seems likely we're on the precipice of another recession? :(

Things that tend to fluctuate like crazy during a recession: Petrol. Things that tend not to: Electricity.

Things that tend to have shortages during panic buying: Petrol. Things that you can't panic buy: Electricity

Things that tend to fluctuate like crazy during a recession: Petrol. Things that tend not to: Electricity.

Things that tend to have shortages during panic buying: Petrol. Things that you can't panic buy: Electricity
Valid points. I was more thinking how prudent it is to buy a depreciating asset when money might not have as much buying power for the forseeable future. Obviously not such a big issue with financing, but still relevant.

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but things are looking pretty grim already.

H'mm if mine doesn't turn up on Thursday I will be trying to get them to allow me to pick it up from Heathrow.

I am just hoping someone will post that they had a successful delivery, so far they have all been missed as far as i can see :-(

I have similar worries! My car is due to be delivered on Friday and just hoping (praying...) that autoxp have sorted whatever their issue has been. Interested to see if they’ll let you change to a collection from Heathrow.

My wife also happens to 38.5 weeks pregnant so timings are getting a bit tight/nerve wracking....If I’m going to be paying exorbitant hospital parking fees I’d rather it was done in style!

• Funny
Reactions: Good Evans
Valid points. I was more thinking how prudent it is to buy a depreciating asset when money might not have as much buying power for the forseeable future. Obviously not such a big issue with financing, but still relevant.

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but things are looking pretty grim already.
It's only worth pondering if such a scenario would impact someone's ability to afford to own the car (in which case there's a bigger issue and that person probably shouldn't buy a car they can't afford). If not, there's no point stressing because no one can predict what will happen.

Reactions: KennethS and Durzel
I have similar worries! My car is due to be delivered on Friday and just hoping (praying...) that autoxp have sorted whatever their issue has been. Interested to see if they’ll let you change to a collection from Heathrow.

My wife also happens to 38.5 weeks pregnant so timings are getting a bit tight/nerve wracking....If I’m going to be paying exorbitant hospital parking fees I’d rather it was done in style!

Was going to say fingers crossed for you, but I think legs crossed might be better

It's only worth pondering if such a scenario would impact someone's ability to afford to own the car (in which case there's a bigger issue and that person probably shouldn't buy a car they can't afford). If not, there's no point stressing because no one can predict what will happen.
Fair points. I plan to keep mine for at least 2-3 years, so probably a non-issue all things considered. Getting a bit spooked by the news generally.

For what it's worth, I've just had a phonecall to advise my car will be delivered on Thursday. Originally it was Wednesday, but seemingly in keeping with others, it has been shifted. I will advise on if it happens in due course!

For what it's worth, I've just had a phonecall to advise my car will be delivered on Thursday. Originally it was Wednesday, but seemingly in keeping with others, it has been shifted. I will advise on if it happens in due course!

Fingers crossed for everyone on Thursday then, going to be a big let down if none of us get deliveries!

Will no doubt be spending the day hitting the refresh button on here to see if anyone has had successful delivery.

Will certainly post here if I get mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.