Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The PM did say that you could travel to and from work. If delivering cars is your job, you can’t do that at home, so by that interpretation, they can still deliver. Getting home means that they’ll need a car to follow each delivery.
Maybe that’s just wishful thinking... we’ll all find out tomorrow.

Reactions: Smog and J8JOE
A true moral quandary...

Sadly my father died recently and is being buried next week.

Tesla Brent Cross is between me and the funeral home and cemetery. Do i collect the car on the way?

I know what the answer is really, it’s just hard when you’ve waited exactly 4 years for the car

A true moral quandary...

Sadly my father died recently and is being buried next week.

Tesla Brent Cross is between me and the funeral home and cemetery. Do i collect the car on the way?

I know what the answer is really, it’s just hard when you’ve waited exactly 4 years for the car
Very sorry for your loss - I think if you are passing that way, and you've waited so long, give yourself a little deserved happiness.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the coming days/weeks... It's disappointing to be "so near yet so far", but let's face it -- most of us won't be doing any significant driving anytime soon. That being said, I hope key workers where the car is essential are prioritised over us housebound WFHers. :)

I'm sure we can all expect another text in the morning.

The main thing is, if they can't deliver the cars then they can't deliver them anywhere else so they won't be reallocated. So if we have to wait, we wait until restrictions are lifted, but it won't be as long as waiting until new cars are shipped in May/June/end of time.

If you do genuinely need your car as it will be your only transport then I suggest contacting Tesla and letting them know and maybe they'll be able to prioritise your delivery.

Whatever happens, the main thing is we're all safe and healthy. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones, obey the rules, and this, as all things, will pass.

Here's to enjoying our Teslas, as and when we get them. :)

Reactions: Durzel and Mf03
According to the detail provided tonight, garages will remain open, so service centres should be OK. We won’t be able to collect, but they will be able to deliver as drivers are not listed as being restricted. If you think about it delivery drivers are needed, the fact that it’s a car being delivered is a mere detail....

All non-essential shops to close immediately

This article suggests that "garages" stay open - I assume a Tesla Service Center counts as one? If so, then we'd be able to pick up deliveries, but you would have to essentially go against the government controls and head outside for a non-essential reason.

Alternatively it also states that retailers can continue to deliver as usual - again I assume that also applies to Tesla as a retailer and therefore car deliveries, so the alternative would be that they'll drive it to your house.

Edit: What HIWEX said above :)

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWEX
Just got a text:

Tesla Update: Following Government guidance, if you deem your car essential we will facilitate your vehicle collection in a no contact environment at safe distances. Video tutorials are available in-car or online for instruction on using your car. Reply 'YES' if you still need to collect or 'NO' to reschedule. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Same text here
upload_2020-3-23_23-30-38.png
upload_2020-3-23_23-30-38.jpeg

Just got a text:

Tesla Update: Following Government guidance, if you deem your car essential we will facilitate your vehicle collection in a no contact environment at safe distances. Video tutorials are available in-car or online for instruction on using your car. Reply 'YES' if you still need to collect or 'NO' to reschedule. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
I’m guessing this message has been rushed out to try to give some clarity to those who are due to collect tomorrow.

I’ve had the text. Wife needs the car to get to work (NHS) or it’s getting taxis or public transport for the foreseeable. It’s one journey to save many riskier ones is my view and seeing as she’s already without the appropriate PPE in work, I think making sure she doesn’t have to end up on buses and taxis after horrendously long shifts (where she’s equally a huge risk to the public) is probably a fair definition of ‘essential’.

What does reschedule mean though? I could live without the car for another month but I don’t want to reply no and get deallocated from the car.

I’ve had that text too.
I have had the text too. I was due to collect on Friday. I feel sure replying no will not result in deallocation since (I presume) both parties still want the transaction to happen. Just the small matter that we cannot collect and Tesla don’t have the capacity to deliver. In fairness to them I have to admit it would be unreasonable to expect them to do so. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.