Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to Auto XP on tuesday and they confirmed they have closed down due to CV, Tesla are getting thier own drivers / staff to do the deliveries including the ones where cars are in the auto xp lot.
Tesla can't get into the lot where the cars are until AutoXP opens up so can't see us being delivered ours, heavily pregnant wife at home and no transport to get to the hospital after getting rid of the car. Should have been delivered today but obviously won't be

My tesla account just updated
Vin back on there and there is now a delivery appointment for tomorrow at 12:30. Still no message or call from tesla though
Is there a place on there? Mine has updated to the same, but there is just a date now. Car being delivered to me tomorrow.

Guy on phone couldn't tell me what time it would turn up, but Tesla account says 10:30am. I assume that won't be right.

Just received an email with a new collection date for Bristol next week.

Given that’s still within the current movement restrictions and they know I’m not in any way an essential or key worker, I’m not sure what the point is as I’d be committing an offence to travel.

Last edited:
Just received an email with a new collection date for Bristol in just over a week.

Given that’s still within the current movement restrictions and they know I’m not in any way an essential or key worker, I’m not sure what the point is as I’d be committing an offence to travel.
Did you previously say "NO" to the text saying about vehicle collection being essential or not?

i feel a bit s**t now. At no point have I said that I'm an essential worker, I just said I didn't mind coming to collect it on the original date because I would be getting out of one car (with a family member giving me a lift) and into the Tesla, and I didn't think that would pose any kind of risk to anyone. I wasn't and have never said that I needed the car for NHS, etc purposes.

Last edited:
Did you previously say "NO" to the text saying about vehicle collection being essential or not?

i feel a bit s**t now. At no point have I said that I'm an essential worker, I just said I didn't mind coming to collect it on the original date because I would be getting out of one car (with a family member giving me a lift) and into the Tesla, and I didn't think that would pose any kind of risk to anyone. I wasn't and have never said that I needed the car for NHS, etc purposes.

Yes, I replied no and have also spoken and emailed in the last few days.

Tesla can't get into the lot where the cars are until AutoXP opens up so can't see us being delivered ours, heavily pregnant wife at home and no transport to get to the hospital after getting rid of the car. Should have been delivered today but obviously won't be

would have thought auto xp could spare 1 employee to open the gates etc to sort this. Surely the cars are teslas property so they could go and take them when ever they wanted ?

Let me know how you get on, luckily i haven't sold my current car yet so still have transport.

I get the impression they have a bit more of a plan in place now and are stepping up activity significantly. I wouldn't be surprised if more people get calls over the next few days.
For everyone having these new calls and delivery promises were you all cash buyers by any chance or were any of you leasing?
Just wondering as not heard anything and was meant to be collecting tomorrow and if they turn up it won’t be insured as couldn’t get it added to the fleet insurance without a tracker.

For everyone having these new calls and delivery promises were you all cash buyers by any chance or were any of you leasing?
Just wondering as not heard anything and was meant to be collecting tomorrow and if they turn up it won’t be insured as couldn’t get it added to the fleet insurance without a tracker.

Yes, cash buyer, paid for it day before lock down announced. No delivery address confirmed on account yet or by correspondence with tesla so dont know if its going to my work, or my home

I got a call about an hour ago from Bristol asking if I wanted to collect the car. I had previously said no to earlier texts as it was not essential.

I reinterated that although I would love to collect (it’s just 30 miles away) I couldn’t claim that it was essential, so would wait it out until a safer time for all parties. They thanked me for my honesty and that was that.

However, I have just received another text saying I can pick car up on Saturday with a no contact collection. No mention of essential at all. I think they might be keen to get rid of cars at Bristol as they have no storage facility there.

Not sure what to do now. It was easy to say no when the criterion was that the car was essential. It will go straight into the garage if I collect but maybe I will be doing Tesla a favour by getting it off there hands and into their final quarter figures!?!

Btw, HP buyer with hefty deposit

Reactions: Harv3y

I don't think you should feel bad. If I recall from other posts you had paid in full in advance of delivery AND you have no part exchange, in other words you are a simple cash buyer. I suspect Tesla are trying extra hard to deliver to those individuals such as yourself who have fully paid for their car. Makes sense to me. I had only paid the £100 deposit and was due to collect tomorrow (Friday 27/03/2020). I haven't had any contact or any offers to deliver to me. This leads me to the conclusion Tesla are rightly prioritising anyone who has already paid in full by trying to get the car to you - possibly by delivering it themselves.

Due to the uncertainty I waited to see what happened Covid wise and sure enough once the lockdown occurred I chose not to make further payments (and reply "No" to the original text, and accept delivery will be arranged at a later date). Having spoken to Tesla staff to say I wasn't comfortable sending full payment given we could be in lockdown for a long time, they agreed and said it is ok not to send further payment for the time being. The car remains "mine" and will not be reallocated.

Reactions: Durzel
My opinion is this - and I don't think it's a totally popular one.

It is not an essential journey to pick the car up. In my case I am not an essential worker and I do not need it for essential work.

When I was going to go collect on Friday I would've got a lift with a family member who I live with, without stopping anywhere (we're about 20 miles away), getting out of the car, doing the zero contact thing, getting into the Tesla and driving it back home, again without stopping. Bristol handovers are done outside in The Mall public car park. I wouldn't have even been near anyone except the Tesla rep who would have been 2 metres away.

I can't conceive of any way that could create any risk to anyone, including myself. The worst that could happen - I believe - is that the virus is on one or more surfaces in the car. I would've probably picked the car up with a mask and gloves, and left it to sit there for a few days.

It was ultimately a risk I was prepared to take. If there was any kind of public interaction involved, e.g. using public transport to get there, picking it up in an indoor facility, then I wouldn't have done it.

I get the impression they have a bit more of a plan in place now and are stepping up activity significantly. I wouldn't be surprised if more people get calls over the next few days.

It actually irritates me because they’re effectively trying to coerce people for their own purposes into collecting cars by going against everything that the current movement restrictions are trying to achieve.

One is only meant to leave the house under very limited and specific circumstances and that does not include travel to collect a car, and they know that.

It actually irritates me because they’re effectively trying to coerce people for their own purposes into collecting cars by going against everything that the current movement restrictions are trying to achieve.

One is only meant to leave the house under very limited and specific circumstances and that does not include travel to collect a car, and they know that.

This is my dilemma. Whilst I know it isn’t essential, they are very keen to get rid of the cars at Bristol because they have nowhere to store them.

It’s their problem, but because it’s my car, it’s also my problem as well.

I know that it is a no contact handover and that my wife can drive me there, but I would be mortified if I was pulled over by the police and asked what the purpose of my journey was. I would have to tell the truth. I would not be happy with myself if I gave them some essential travel cock and bull story.

You are correct. But I would not get too irritated. What irritated me was those morons in lycra with bikes in Richmond Park that forced the Government to introduce these measures without any notice. What worries me is the people forced into close proximity on the London Underground because they are being forced to go to work and there are too few Tube trains.

You can go for an hour walk or run no problem. You can drive to Brent X, park in the car park, walk inside the shopping center and go to M&S Food Hall. The Government was relying on people to use common sense before and they singularly failed, hence the blanket ban.

But it is reasonably obvious that following through on a high value no touch transaction that is just about to complete which helps Tesla and poses no more risk than a one hour walk or going shopping in M&S is not the same as going on the Tube or to a building site that is still allowed. Anyway, from today onwards I am just staying indoors and watching Disney +.

Reactions: Durzel
Status
Not open for further replies.