Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

TMC Forum UK Tesla Model 3 Orders Shared

I was bored enough today (until the Cricket got interesting) to make this summary sheet.

It's a summary of the UK Model 3 orders by users on this forum (The UK and Ireland threads). It is obviously incomplete and I've only been through two of the threads so far to populate it. I will keep going in my spare time.

Some of us may find it an interesting reference between discussions on here. The sample is way too small to be able to draw any proper conclusions, but as many of us seem to want to compare order progress, I thought it might be worth sharing.

Take a look, you might find yourself featured on the sheet.

Feel free to add a comment below with any additions or corrections you may want to make to fill in the many gaps.
Hope i know more about it ,i just get the black one

I have both cables and also got a roadside assistance kit. Wondering if they threw that in for all the calamitation that's gone on - especially the last 24 hours during delivery.

Glad you got yours. Black looks mean!
I received a roadside assistance kit too! I assumed that because my car was stuck in Southampton and Brent X allocated me another car they had lying around that the person who had ordered the car they gave me had ordered one.

So this is everything I have picked up so far.

Window alignment on both sides - What are people's thoughts; Am I being picky here? They look alright but not sure if I'm being super picky.

Roof glass alignment - one side is lined up whilst there's a miss match on the lines on the driver side. Is this normal? Surely, based on the size of the glass, there's likely to be some kind of misalignment as there will be overhang on one, the other, or both sides.

Windscreen graze - I've had a look at the glass and rub away some surface dirt and found a small chip. Would seem to be easily fixable by a windscreen repair dude but obviously it's a new car so I just want it checked out.

Rear light crack/imperfection - I spotted this before I'd even got in the car. the mark/crack is on the inside of the surface. the outside is smooth to touch.

I'm keen to get the views of others here on these issues.

Lastly, what route are people using to raise the defects/issues when it's a home delivery? Obviously if I'd have collected then I would have had longer to walk the car whilst at the SC and could have had a lot of things rectified then and there.

Attachments

• drivers side pillar.jpg
    drivers side pillar.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 56
  • passenger side pillar.jpg
    passenger side pillar.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 45
  • drivers side roof.jpg
    drivers side roof.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Ppassenger side roof.jpg
    Ppassenger side roof.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Windscreen blemish-chip.jpg
    Windscreen blemish-chip.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 41
  • imperfection in left rear light.jpg
    imperfection in left rear light.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 47

Window alignment on both sides - What are people's thoughts; Am I being picky here? They look alright but not sure if I'm being super picky.

Roof glass alignment - one side is lined up whilst there's a miss match on the lines on the driver side. Is this normal? Surely, based on the size of the glass, there's likely to be some kind of misalignment as there will be overhang on one, the other, or both sides.

Windscreen graze - I've had a look at the glass and rub away some surface dirt and found a small chip. Would seem to be easily fixable by a windscreen repair dude but obviously it's a new car so I just want it checked out.

Rear light crack/imperfection - I spotted this before I'd even got in the car. the mark/crack is on the inside of the surface. the outside is smooth to touch.

Lastly, what route are people using to raise the defects/issues when it's a home delivery? Obviously if I'd have collected then I would have had longer to walk the car whilst at the SC and could have had a lot of things rectified then and there.
I think the pillar gaps look okay, about the same as ours is! Maybe raise questions about the light and the roof, but if the roof doesn’t leak I personally wouldn’t be bothered! Each to their own with things like this I’d say!

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
So how many more people on here are waiting for cars from the GLOVIS CAPTAIN that aren't being held by a lease company?

Me!

Spoke to them again this morning, it seems my car is still in Southampton but should hopefully be on the next "shipment" to Heathrow this week/Friday and then delivered from there. They reckon it could get to me by the end of next week. Sounds like there are still 400-500 cars still down in Southampton.

Reactions: Matt2000

My roof is pretty much the same, I looked around the cars at Leeds, they were all very similar

• Informative

My roof is exactly the same. Have managed to put 198 miles on the car, not noticed any wind noise from it.

• Informative
The day after delivery we noticed a dent on the driver’s a-pillar. Reported it to fleet (company car), but not heard back yet, any ideas as to how easy it will be to fix? Not sure how easy it is to pull dents out of the pillars, but hoping it won’t have to go away for repairs.

Attachments

• A784C1F6-D33C-44E1-9E93-B10B8F113D5C.jpeg
    A784C1F6-D33C-44E1-9E93-B10B8F113D5C.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 47

I wouldn't be concerned about the windows...mine are the same...all good.
Roof Glass Alignment is normal...mine is like that as were every other car in the lot when I picked up.
Windscreen and Rear light I would query yes.

Not a disaster and certainly drive able, though easy to fix when parts and the lockdown blow over.

Status
Not open for further replies.