Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is everything I have picked up so far.

Window alignment on both sides - What are people's thoughts; Am I being picky here? They look alright but not sure if I'm being super picky.

Roof glass alignment - one side is lined up whilst there's a miss match on the lines on the driver side. Is this normal? Surely, based on the size of the glass, there's likely to be some kind of misalignment as there will be overhang on one, the other, or both sides.

Windscreen graze - I've had a look at the glass and rub away some surface dirt and found a small chip. Would seem to be easily fixable by a windscreen repair dude but obviously it's a new car so I just want it checked out.

Rear light crack/imperfection - I spotted this before I'd even got in the car. the mark/crack is on the inside of the surface. the outside is smooth to touch.

I'm keen to get the views of others here on these issues.

Lastly, what route are people using to raise the defects/issues when it's a home delivery? Obviously if I'd have collected then I would have had longer to walk the car whilst at the SC and could have had a lot of things rectified then and there.
My rear near side window is slightly further back but all the door alignments look good. II hadn’t noticed it until your post but the seal is still good. I don’t think I’d worry too much unless the seal is compromised.
My roof glass is central with equal overhang. Again, unless the seal is compromised or it causes excess wind noise, or it irritates you, let it be. Windscreen and rear light definitely unsatisfactory but livable during lockdown unless a ranger can sort it.

So this is everything I have picked up so far.

Window alignment on both sides - What are people's thoughts; Am I being picky here? They look alright but not sure if I'm being super picky.

Roof glass alignment - one side is lined up whilst there's a miss match on the lines on the driver side. Is this normal? Surely, based on the size of the glass, there's likely to be some kind of misalignment as there will be overhang on one, the other, or both sides.

Windscreen graze - I've had a look at the glass and rub away some surface dirt and found a small chip. Would seem to be easily fixable by a windscreen repair dude but obviously it's a new car so I just want it checked out.

Rear light crack/imperfection - I spotted this before I'd even got in the car. the mark/crack is on the inside of the surface. the outside is smooth to touch.

I'm keen to get the views of others here on these issues.

Lastly, what route are people using to raise the defects/issues when it's a home delivery? Obviously if I'd have collected then I would have had longer to walk the car whilst at the SC and could have had a lot of things rectified then and there.
I'd report the windscreen graze and the rear light crack/imperfection for sure.

Roof glass is unfortunately smaller than the rear and front windscreen, so there will always be a mismatch. In your case it looks like it is aligned on one side which makes the other side more out of alignment, if that makes sense. Not a lot you can really do about this - you could report it but the work involved in fixing it would not be trivial. You will find a lot of M3s like this.

Window alignment - if you weren't pointing it out I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong. It doesn't stand out to me as obviously wrong.

Incidentally, like me it looks like they have left the plastic protectors on your B pillars. Looks like maybe both sides in your case. Reason I know this is because I reported air bubbles (which you have too on your drivers side one) and "poor glue adhesion" on mine, when in reality it was a plastic protector that I didn't even know was fitted. The tell-tale signs are the white border around them. Peel them off :)

Anyone else who has had one delivered recently when originally they were supposed to collect should check this. Tesla people would probably be trained to take these off pre-delivery, whereas random delivery drivers aren't.

I originally reported via an email Leeds gave me, I've had a response to report via the app ( which I've done).
I was hoping for a home visit as they are minor issues, but it seems I'm needing a 2-4 hour appointment at Leeds next week?
Main real issue for me is the driver door closure pillar, trim isn't mounted properly and insulation foam exposed

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_174500.jpg
    IMG_20200330_174500.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Informative
Reactions: stonecoldrmw
So how many more people on here are waiting for cars from the GLOVIS CAPTAIN that aren't being held by a lease company?

I'm waiting, but I told Tesla that I couldn't take delivery until next week anyway.

I have a trade in vehicle, and a previous post on here said that people with trade ins won't have their cars delivered. They are doing this in the USA, but perhaps not over here.

I will wait and see. I have a final invoice and hidden VIN.

Reactions: Matt2000
I'm waiting, but I told Tesla that I couldn't take delivery until next week anyway.

I have a trade in vehicle, and a previous post on here said that people with trade ins won't have their cars delivered. They are doing this in the USA, but perhaps not over here.

I will wait and see. I have a final invoice and hidden VIN.

That was possibly me re the trade in vehicle and delivery. That's what Bristol told me, trade in = no delivery. If you are able to get yours delivered and your trade in taken away I'd be very interested to know!

Must mean a lot for Tesla to be delivering cars before Q1 end that were originally meant to be collected, if they're having to contract random companies to deliver them. As has been said previously I imagine they will hold on to see what happens with the lockdown with the rest now and/or try and find a way to get transporters moving to the original delivery locations.

Must mean a lot for Tesla to be delivering cars before Q1 end that were originally meant to be collected, if they're having to contract random companies to deliver them.

Despite this I didn't get the same feeling after the conversation yesterday, I don't know how long my car had been in Birmingham for but I don't think anyone would've contacted me to try and get it delivered. I do think they will lose interest now but I hope not.

Has anyone received a car from the Auto XP compound in Carlisle in the last few days?

I have a reg number and an RN number and the car was registered with dvla on 23 march but its all gone quiet.

@sherman180 We’re also waiting for ours from Carlisle. It was due to be delivered on the 20th which was missed and then rearranged for the 27th of March (missed again).

AutoXP closed due to Corona on the 24th and Tesla apparently had no way to access the site. I checked that with AutoXP and was told Tesla do have access so I’ve been chasing up with Tesla for the last week or so. This morning I’ve been told they have access but don’t have anywhere to move the cars to for collection or any transportation for delivery (we’re near Leeds).

We’ve been stuck without a car now for about 2 weeks and the guy I spoke to reckons it could be another two-three weeks before we receive it.

@sherman180 We’re also waiting for ours from Carlisle. It was due to be delivered on the 20th which was missed and then rearranged for the 27th of March (missed again).

AutoXP closed due to Corona on the 24th and Tesla apparently had no way to access the site. I checked that with AutoXP and was told Tesla do have access so I’ve been chasing up with Tesla for the last week or so. This morning I’ve been told they have access but don’t have anywhere to move the cars to for collection or any transportation for delivery (we’re near Leeds).

We’ve been stuck without a car now for about 2 weeks and the guy I spoke to reckons it could be another two-three weeks before we receive it.
chased my lease company up as should have had it last week and got this back

"Unfortunately due to the situation surrounding COVID-19, we are now working with a lot of limited resources. This car is still stuck at the port which is currently closed off. We are hoping to have some information regarding this very soon so we will keep you posted".

Funny how people are collecting from there if its shut??

thanks for the update, how frustrating this whole thing is. Luckily i have another car to use for now. Don't suppose there is much that can be done, just wait with fingers crossed.

chased my lease company up as should have had it last week and got this back

"Unfortunately due to the situation surrounding COVID-19, we are now working with a lot of limited resources. This car is still stuck at the port which is currently closed off. We are hoping to have some information regarding this very soon so we will keep you posted".

Funny how people are collecting from there if its shut??

I don’t think the site in Carlisle is at a port, it sounds like it’s just a storage compound which explains why they can access it. Having said that I’m just going off what Tesla have told me which could be complete nonsense.

Which lease company are your with, we’re ZenAuto (Zenith).

I don’t think the site in Carlisle is at a port, it sounds like it’s just a storage compound which explains why they can access it. Having said that I’m just going off what Tesla have told me which could be complete nonsense.

Which lease company are your with, we’re ZenAuto (Zenith).

I was talking about Southampton port!. If that's closed no ones getting anything, but I doubt it is.
I'm with skyfleet and Arval I think.

has anyone on here been made aware of anymore deliveries being made?
Seems to have gone really quite now the end of quarter has been reached.

Trying to get a feel for when or if i will get mine that was cancelled last friday.
Last thing i was told was the port was shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.