Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited to have placed my order. The excitement is slightly tempered by the fact I forgot to follow a referral link. I won’t say whose, to avoid disappointment! Completely my own fault but I had assumed it was a code I’d be able to input at some stage in the ordering process. Very frustrating.

Very excited to have placed my order. The excitement is slightly tempered by the fact I forgot to follow a referral link. I won’t say whose, to avoid disappointment! Completely my own fault but I had assumed it was a code I’d be able to input at some stage in the ordering process. Very frustrating.

If you can get your RN number check the inventory and if a match comes up call Tesla and see if they will allocate it to you. Worked for me. Was surprised though.

Thanks for your advice.

Today I've had this bit of news:

We have further updates from Tesla , still no car allocation however there is a new batch of cars on its way that your car has an allocation for so should get assigned within 6 weeks, this plus your name is on the registered list for any cancellation orders.

do any of you know about this supposed new batch of cars coming? or is this just something they say to get me off their shoulders?

Thanks for your advice.

Today I've had this bit of news:

We have further updates from Tesla , still no car allocation however there is a new batch of cars on its way that your car has an allocation for so should get assigned within 6 weeks, this plus your name is on the registered list for any cancellation orders.

do any of you know about this supposed new batch of cars coming? or is this just something they say to get me off their shoulders?
It's expected that a ship will be leaving from San Francisco soon headed for Europe, and some of the cars on it should be for the UK.

I think they've given you a slightly confusing message around both not being allocated and "has an allocation" at the same time...don't know how that works. But I think others' experience is that the cars typically get assigned while the ship is on its way to Europe.

2020 Shipping Movements

I was contacted by sms 10 days ago and offered delivery dates from this Friday for an M3LR. Opted for 2nd June but this matches the 2 weeks you've been quoted.

I called Tesla last week and have confirmed a VIN.

After badgering various parties, had call from Tesla to book in direct delivery for June.

They said it's a minimum 2 week wait (which compares to the previous 7 day requirement I think many experienced up to March).

Reactions: bhav
Collected mine yesterday but dropped it off 25 mins later to have a few bits done. To all those waiting then it’s worth the wait, I changed the collection date on 4 occasions as original collection was March. My VIN and reg changed as the original car I guess was matched to someone else who could collect, but I wasn’t aware so no problem at all. The collection at Birmingham was fine although the delivery centre looked a little ran down (acceptable given the circumstances).

Hang in there as it’s worth the wait.

Reactions: Durzel and bhav
I was at the Stockport SC yesterday to have the 3 minor issues fixed that I reported when I got the car - only open for service & the almost empty showroom space also looked rather run down. While I waited several Tesla people appeared to be getting it ready for re-opening, probably next Monday as per the latest Gov't advice?

I must say that all the Stockport people I have spoken to have been very helpful and efficient, both pre and post purchase. They were great yesterday - friendly, fast and made sure everyone was properly distanced!

After a surprisingly helpful chat with the Tesla deliveries team today - have got it confirmed my updated order is real, has actually been placed by lease company, has an RN, is the right spec and should be matched to a vehicle in a couple of weeks for hopefully end July delivery.

Positive !
That’s good, my lease company told me that I would have to take delivery end of June even though my current lease doesn’t end until mid July, reassuring to know that delivery end of July is possible (they quoted it was Tesla policy to deliver end of each quarter) although part of me wanted June to be true

Whoop, unexpected text today. Asked if I'd like my delivery a week earlier.

Why yes I would. Not counting down the days or anything already ;)
Out of jealous/impatience I called them today to see if there was any scope to bring mine forward - sadly not! Allocated car still in Southampton and due to be brought up to Heathrow on 4 June, then need 48 hours for various checks before being delivered...so second week of June it is! :)

Reactions: Cyclone1
Status
Not open for further replies.