Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I called Tesla this morning - sadly I haven’t yet been allocated a car (m3 sr+ white) although the guy I spoke too said they expect to receive shipments every 10 days starting from 12th August (I’m sure he said 12th but I might be wrong) and I should expect delivery mid to late August...

I think the Glovis Sun will have a mixture on, saw earler someon has been VIN matched with a M3P that is apparently on the Glovis Sun and was built 27th of March, USB C is from the 4th of June
I asked Tesla this question a few weeks back (before I had a VIN) and they checked and said my M3 LR AWD with 19inch wheels would not have usb-c or wireless charging. Not sure how they knew this before a VIN was matched tho. But I’m not expecting to see my car turn up with it to be honest - which is ok really!

I asked Tesla this question a few weeks back (before I had a VIN) and they checked and said my M3 LR AWD with 19inch wheels would not have usb-c or wireless charging. Not sure how they knew this before a VIN was matched tho. But I’m not expecting to see my car turn up with it to be honest - which is ok really!

That's a little disappointing - that's the car I'm waiting for and I'd assumed that a bonus of the wait would be usb-c and wireless charging.

Having read this thread for the third quarter in a row now, cue all the conflicting and inaccurate information based info from Tesla reps...!

Some (a minority) of Tesla reps will give you accurate info when you call regarding ships, VIN matching timings, location of cars etc. But in my view most are making it up as they go along, basing their responses on previous experience and they're no better informed than anyone here reading every post on the forum who is aware of the usual quarterly cycle of ships and collections/deliveries.

So my own suggestion would be:
  1. When you call with your RN, just make sure it's all set up correctly, including making sure there's no blocker set up by your lease company preventing you from being matched before a particular date. This has caught numerous people out
  2. Ask all your matching questions to satisfy impatience (I was in this situation too!)...but take all responses with a pinch of salt :)

@KJRowe6 many (most?) lease orders are delivered (through "Tesla Direct" delivery service). Some other orders are as well.

Having read this thread for the third quarter in a row now, cue all the conflicting and inaccurate information based info from Tesla reps...!

Some (a minority) of Tesla reps will give you accurate info when you call regarding ships, VIN matching timings, location of cars etc. But in my view most are making it up as they go along, basing their responses on previous experience and they're no better informed than anyone here reading every post on the forum who is aware of the usual quarterly cycle of ships and collections/deliveries.

So my own suggestion would be:
  1. When you call with your RN, just make sure it's all set up correctly, including making sure there's no blocker set up by your lease company preventing you from being matched before a particular date. This has caught numerous people out
  2. Ask all your matching questions to satisfy impatience (I was in this situation too!)...but take all responses with a pinch of salt :)

@KJRowe6 many (most?) lease orders are delivered (through "Tesla Direct" delivery service). Some other orders are as well.

My lease through Tesla direct has to be collected, I live in Norfolk, but guess you could be in the Hebrides. Not sure many other places in UK could be much further from a delivery centre than me.

Great advice on the above. I have to say having spoke to delivery this morning, my sales advisor Tesla guy then emailed me to say I've been matched with a car but couldn't give me a VIN or couldn't tell me what vessel it is on, very much feels like a feed me a carrot to shut me up for a bit :)

My lease through Tesla direct has to be collected, I live in Norfolk, but guess you could be in the Hebrides. Not sure many other places in UK could be much further from a delivery centre than me.

Great advice on the above. I have to say having spoke to delivery this morning, my sales advisor Tesla guy then emailed me to say I've been matched with a car but couldn't give me a VIN or couldn't tell me what vessel it is on, very much feels like a feed me a carrot to shut me up for a bit :)
When I spoke to Tesla rep yesterday they gave me the same update (that I had been matched but that they couldn’t share the VIN just in case it changes) however, I then called my lease company to see if they had the same update. They checked (they get a weekly spreadsheet from Tesla on Tuesday/Wednesdays) and confirmed I did have a VIN and they even gave it to me. Not that I can do much with a VIN but it gives me a bit of confidence that it’s a true update at least!

Reactions: KJRowe6
I have just phoned Tesla. I ordered a white LR M3 with 19 inch wheels and white/black interior on June 1st. Was told I have been matched to a VIN (which he gave me) but ETA is 24th August. Very odd how they can match me with a VIN now but not deliver until so late in August?

I ordered a Blue LR AWD Model 3, black interior, standard wheels on 1 July, finalised all of the trade in documentation on 8 July.

I gave Tesla a call about other things and they said they'd expect my car to be in mid to late August. I may have misheard but I'm pretty sure they said there'd be 5 ships this month (doubtful but I believe guys above have said 5 ships this quarter so they may have got mixed up / I misheard).

Status
Not open for further replies.