Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask whether anyone has any understanding why the ETAs are for late in August? Is this the general time it takes from the ship arriving at Southampton to being picked up?

I did think it was usually a faster turnaround, but I’m no pro!

Last shipment was turned around within a week or so. Arrived 17th June and people were generally taking delivery by the 26th at the latest. Only thing I can think of is a longer stay in Belgium before coming to the UK. Maybe one for Mr Miserable?

As you say strange!

Reactions: DanAndTheBeard
May I ask whether anyone has any understanding why the ETAs are for late in August? Is this the general time it takes from the ship arriving at Southampton to being picked up?

I did think it was usually a faster turnaround, but I’m no pro!
I think the earliest the boat is due at Southampton is 8 Aug according to the other thread.

Doesn't seem that unreasonable that it could take 2-3 weeks to get some cars in the right place including having their 2 day pre collection/delivery inspection.

Covid measures might slow things down as well compared to pre Q1. And for the one/two boats that turned up for Q2, don't forget there was a massive push to eek out whatever they possibly could, potentially to the detriment of quality, right at the end of the Q.

Hello. First post for me. Ordered an M3 LR on 28th June. Spoke to Tesla today. They reckon beginning of August. Didn’t get given a VIN and I can’t see one on the site. The guy said they were waiting on the ships manifest before the allocations were finalised. He thinks allocations should be completed by end of the month at the latest. My pickup is Dartford I believe. Let’s see if that’s actually what happens in a week or so. Best of luck to you all if your waiting.

Something is worrying me. I've seen to people today complain about the length of time their M3P is taking to arrive. Is there a problem with deliveries of the performance version?

I'm not a patient man so if the delays are too long I'm going to have to cancel and go elsewhere. I worry about the poor way Tesla organise deliveries.

Hello. First post for me. Ordered an M3 LR on 28th June. Spoke to Tesla today. They reckon beginning of August. Didn’t get given a VIN and I can’t see one on the site. The guy said they were waiting on the ships manifest before the allocations were finalised. He thinks allocations should be completed by end of the month at the latest. My pickup is Dartford I believe. Let’s see if that’s actually what happens in a week or so. Best of luck to you all if your waiting.

Sounds like the guy I spoke to yesterday! I think the general consensus is take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Something is worrying me. I've seen to people today complain about the length of time their M3P is taking to arrive. Is there a problem with deliveries of the performance version?

I'm not a patient man so if the delays are too long I'm going to have to cancel and go elsewhere. I worry about the poor way Tesla organise deliveries.
What would you get instead...?

I would urge you not to get too obsessed about what you read on these forums and elsewhere online - there is obviously a self selection of complainers because when it goes smoothly no one talks about it.

It might take longer that you would like, but hold tight it's worth it.

What would you get instead...?

I would urge you not to get too obsessed about what you read on these forums and elsewhere online - there is obviously a self selection of complainers because when it goes smoothly no one talks about it.

It might take longer that you would like, but hold tight it's worth it.
Ironically, given they won't be shipping these until November, I'd go back to my original EV choice: the Polestar 2. Always been a fan of Volvo's styling and the Polestar looks so much better than the M3.

I was only swayed by the Performances, well, Performance, which no EV can match at that price point. Just checked again with Tesla and I haven't been matched on the current ship.

@BigWig20, allocations are made from after the ship has left Pier 80 (West Coast Working Hours) in San Francisco. Many people have been matched on the current shipment on board Glovis Sun already (VIN allocation/ match to orders placed). You may get lucky but some people who have been allocated cars have placed orders as far back at February this year. Treat what Tesla reps tell you with a pinch of salt until you have been VIN matched. Even then VIN numbers can and do change.

What specifications of cars have taken so long to match? I think the white seats might mean mine takes longer.....

Also slightly confused by Tesla, spoke to someone on their delivery team yesterday who said they had my PO number, but were waiting for authorisation from the lease company to actually match me to a car.

However the lease company have sent everything and then when I checked with Tesla again they said everything was fine.....

What specifications of cars have taken so long to match? I think the white seats might mean mine takes longer.....

Also slightly confused by Tesla, spoke to someone on their delivery team yesterday who said they had my PO number, but were waiting for authorisation from the lease company to actually match me to a car.

However the lease company have sent everything and then when I checked with Tesla again they said everything was fine.....
I had the same experience @bobnaldo - I kept getting different messages. One moment Tesla advised they had everything they needed from the Lease company and the next time I spoke to them they said they were waiting on approval to purchase from the lease company. Back to the lease company who check and say they think they have given Tesla everything they need.... back to Tesla who say they might but it takes time to update in their system etc etc etc. This went on for a while. All I will suggest is to keep checking in on both Tesla and your Lease company. The PO will be first, then Tesla will provide RN and then you have to wait for Tesla to match your RN to a VIN. All this can take time and you have to stay on booth Tesla and the lease companies cases and keep double/triple checking what they tell you. It’s painful and frustrating but it’ll be worth it.

I had the same experience @bobnaldo - I kept getting different messages. One moment Tesla advised they had everything they needed from the Lease company and the next time I spoke to them they said they were waiting on approval to purchase from the lease company. Back to the lease company who check and say they think they have given Tesla everything they need.... back to Tesla who say they might but it takes time to update in their system etc etc etc. This went on for a while. All I will suggest is to keep checking in on both Tesla and your Lease company. The PO will be first, then Tesla will provide RN and then you have to wait for Tesla to match your RN to a VIN. All this can take time and you have to stay on booth Tesla and the lease companies cases and keep double/triple checking what they tell you. It’s painful and frustrating but it’ll be worth it.
One thing to add - there was confusion between Lease company and Tesla around what approval they were waiting for and it turned out that Tesla didn’t have approval to deliver the car t me but this cannot be given by the lease company until a car is matched. So this should not hold up Tesla ordering/finding you a car. That seemed to be the source of confusion between both companies though so worth asking if thats what Tesla mean if they say they are waiting for anything from the lease guys. Hope that helps.

@BigWig20, allocations are made from after the ship has left Pier 80 (West Coast Working Hours) in San Francisco. Many people have been matched on the current shipment on board Glovis Sun already (VIN allocation/ match to orders placed). You may get lucky but some people who have been allocated cars have placed orders as far back at February this year. Treat what Tesla reps tell you with a pinch of salt until you have been VIN matched. Even then VIN numbers can and do change.

Thanks for the advice Mark. At the end of the day I can wait, although that won’t be without frustration. Currently unless my local electrician and Uk power networks hurry up I won’t have a charger to plug it at home anyway. But that’s a whole new story. Thanks to Mr M I’ve learnt quite a lot about the shipping industry.

Thanks for the advice Mark. At the end of the day I can wait, although that won’t be without frustration. Currently unless my local electrician and Uk power networks hurry up I won’t have a charger to plug it at home anyway. But that’s a whole new story. Thanks to Mr M I’ve learnt quite a lot about the shipping industry.

I was recommended Pod point by a friend who has a M3, so I went with them really quick and helpful service. But you may have opted for a different type of home charger. Pod Point number is 020 7247 4114 or [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.