Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost was picked up today and absolutely no problems at all. Just a thing of beauty and the drive home was amazing!!!
Thanks to everyone on here that kept me sane during the wait, good luck with your cars too

79FD1F04-A2A0-43F5-8637-FBB8E9434AD1.jpeg
CB793E01-3951-42A2-972F-EDEAFD77FEB3.jpeg
398490D1-A0FE-430E-8A8C-0F2F80B62E50.jpeg
CB6686F3-D70A-4577-9442-A93FD3B76FF5.jpeg

Received email today from Tesla asking me to sign a document with vin number to confirm I have received the goods as ordered / specification and by signing i agreed I have taken delivery !!

I haven't receive reg number yet and don't collect the car until the 4th September?
I obviously won't be signing until that happens and I've checked the car thoroughly.

Is this normal for Tesla to send two weeks before collection ? Not even seen the car !

Assume people sign this once they have checked the car ?

Received email today from Tesla asking me to sign a document with vin number to confirm I have received the goods as ordered / specification and by signing i agreed I have taken delivery !!

I haven't receive reg number yet and don't collect the car until the 4th September?
I obviously won't be signing until that happens and I've checked the car thoroughly.

Is this normal for Tesla to send two weeks before collection ? Not even seen the car !

I think they are doing it to speed up and keep the handover contactless.
I seem to recall it doesn't mean you are accepting the car before you've seen it, you still get to inspect it and raise any issues you spot. Plus you still have the period after to report any other issues you find when you get back home.

@Jonboythered Thanks for sharing, I’m also team white.

May I ask, where did you pick up from? How was the contactless delivery on the whole? Any advice for those picking up in a couple of weeks?
Hi mate, I picked it up from Stockport (Manchester south) contactless delivery was great. You sign your forms, take as much time as you like to inspect it and set up, when you’ve done that you take a tag off the rear view mirror, hand it in and they sign the car out and give you the app access and it’s yours to drive away or do like I did and hooked up to the SuC and finished all my set up stuff. Was really easy and stress free

Reactions: DanAndTheBeard

I got the same email and I wasn't really keen to sign 2 weeks ago. I phoned and was reassured that the only thing that changed was pick up would be speedier. I signed anyway. I picked up the car this morning and I spent quite a lot of time checking it. I could only find one very minor issue which was instantly sorted and I was on my way with my fears unfounded.

I got the same email and I wasn't really keen to sign 2 weeks ago. I phoned and was reassured that the only thing that changed was pick up would be speedier. I signed anyway. I picked up the car this morning and I spent quite a lot of time checking it. I could only find one very minor issue which was instantly sorted and I was on my way with my fears unfounded.
Cheers, I'm also leasing and its asking me to sign on their behalf. I will probably sign on the day after I've seen the car considering some of the stories on here regarding issues on collection. Can't see it delaying collection on the day considering its all electronic and I will be taking my time.

First time post but been reading for the last month while waiting for the big day!

Finally, pick up day tomorrow! Will post pics when I can. Thank you all for all your advice and tips on here and also for keeping me sane during the wait, by reading all your stories and watching the ships update, I have managed to get through the last 6 weeks!! Seeing all the recent pics of the new deliveries makes it even more exciting!

Finally picked up today!

Read more about my experience here Collection Experience - Tesla Heathrow (West Drayton)

High five to all those picking up at Heathrow today, felt for the guys lining up in the rain.

Overall a poor collection experience, straight forward and low stress, but just frustratingly disappointing experience.

The car is the nuts though and makes up for the shitshow at Heathrow.

img-1053.jpg

Drove it straight to the detailers to get inspected, coated and dechromed. Looking forward to picking it up again in a few days.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Dougall1248
Cheers, I'm also leasing and its asking me to sign on their behalf. I will probably sign on the day after I've seen the car considering some of the stories on here regarding issues on collection. Can't see it delaying collection on the day considering its all electronic and I will be taking my time.

When I received mine, the covering email was quite specific "Please review and complete your Tesla Delivery Declaration as soon as your car has arrived"

I signed mine after delivery and checking it over (car was perfect), did not delay anything. The App then came live on my phone a couple of hours later.

• Helpful
Reactions: Coley50 and bapodra
Are you able to recommend your detailer? Am currently thinking of doing the same, i.e. collect and (assuming no issues) drive immediately to a detailer. Many thanks!

Haven’t got the car back yet, so wouldn’t want to recommend him just yet. I think he is also on the expensive side from what I’m hearing. 750 for a complete detail, 280 for dechrome, 250 for rear window tint, then add VAT.

Will post pics on Sat, check back then.

Reactions: rockafunked
Hi, I picked mine up last Saturday and I'm finding the wireless phone charger keeps cutting out after a few seconds when I'm moving. Is anyone else having this issue? I've tested with multiple iPhones and getting the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.