Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When home delivering Tesla do it on behalf of the leasing company, or you can call up and have it changed to service centre pickup.

It shouldn’t make a difference to the app becoming active, your account email will be on the order forms.

Thanks, I've just had confirmation from the lease company that they have to select a collection centre at the point of order and also provide my contact details so Tesla can contact me directly when the vehicle is ready for collection.

I've just had a few new documents vomited into my account, the pre contract agreement, lending agreement, and pre contract information. There are places for me to sign, but do I actually need to sign these or are they for information in preparation of signing on the day? I've not had any other communication about these so wouldn't know where to return/email them to!

So this week I have placed an order for a M3LR via a lease company on a business lease, on previous ICE company cars they have always been delivered to me by the lease company. My current vehicle was a factory order but was delivered to the lease company early where they stored it for nearly a month before delivering to me. Reading these forums it appears that most people who are leasing are picking up directly from Tesla - is this the case? Does anyone have experience of the lease company collecting the vehicle from Tesla and the delivering it to you, and does that then cause any problems with Tesla account setup and getting the phone app working etc?
I was told by my lease company that ”Tesla are different so you will have to collect your own car” so we’ll see on the 23rd if I can actually collect it

I was told by my lease company that ”Tesla are different so you will have to collect your own car” so we’ll see on the 23rd if I can actually collect it
I am with Selectcars and under their new internal rules they only deliver to your company registered address. Select cannot deliver to my home address. BTW, Tesla did not have a problem to deliver to any address that is requested by the lease company, so this restriction is from Select. As a compromise, I requested a collection from the nearest Tesla dealership. Still waiting for confirmation...

I am with Selectcars and under their new internal rules they only deliver to your company registered address. Select cannot deliver to my home address. BTW, Tesla did not have a problem to deliver to any address that is requested by the lease company, so this restriction is from Select. As a compromise, I requested a collection from the nearest Tesla dealership. Still waiting for confirmation...

Thats strange. I ordered on the 18th August, Delivery booked for the 25th September to my home address. Tesla contacted me via text and asked me where I would like it delivered and then confirmed a couple of days ago.

I think the trick is to ask your leasing company to give Tesla authority to deal with you directly, you get a better experience. At the moment neither Select or the leasing company have the reg or delivery date. I have both.

After following this thread obsessively as a lurker during the order process for my MSM Long Range, I thought I'd throw my timeline into the mix.
  • August 19th: order placed with leasing company (Zen).
  • August 28th: order placed with Tesla (Password reset email from Tesla. I made sure to place the order from a new email address so as to know when the order was created)
  • Sep 3rd: Text from Tesla informing me that the car will be delivered by Carrier on Sep 11th
  • Sep 11th: Car delivered in the evening by carrier delivery. Radio slience from tesla on the day. The first news I heard of the delivery time was a call frmo the driver, and the SMS tracking link they promised was sent when the car was about 20 minutes away (better late than never?)
The car itself I think was from a cancelled order, as the keys packet had September 1st scribbeled out, so some kind anonymous canceller has gotten me my car significantly earlier than expected :D.

There are no obvious paint defects or misaligned panels. It has the "old" frunk, which contained a first aid kit. It also came with USB-C ports and a wireless charging pad.

August 28th: order placed with Tesla (Password reset email from Tesla. I made sure to place the order from a new email address so as to know when the order was created)

I received a password reset email to my work email address, which is what I had provided to the lease company, so assume this means they have placed the order on Tesla. I assume I should now be able to get an RN from them which is what EO ask for in order to apply for the EVHS grant.

I’m hoping for the more pessimistic end of the delivery estimate (5 to 10 weeks) as my current lease runs until December

I received a password reset email to my work email address, which is what I had provided to the lease company, so assume this means they have placed the order on Tesla. I assume I should now be able to get an RN from them which is what EO ask for in order to apply for the EVHS grant.

I’m hoping for the more pessimistic end of the delivery estimate (5 to 10 weeks) as my current lease runs until December

From what I gather from reading here we're in the middle of the end-of-quarter rush, and there are still ships on the way for September delivery. Unless you've told them you don't want it before a certain date, there's a decent chance you may be matched for a delivery at the end of the month. If not, it'll be probably November at the earliest.

I've just had a few new documents vomited into my account, the pre contract agreement, lending agreement, and pre contract information. There are places for me to sign, but do I actually need to sign these or are they for information in preparation of signing on the day? I've not had any other communication about these so wouldn't know where to return/email them to!

I’m assuming you are leasing/financing vis Tesla’s own offering, and no you don’t need to sign them. A hard copy will be printed for you to sign at handover. This copy will then be uploaded to you account.

Status
Not open for further replies.