Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took delivery of my M3 from Birmingham today and apart from a couple of cleaner stains on the chairs (which got cleaned up easily) and a few glue marks outside, everything was Bob on! I was dreading going in today after reading the stories of people refusing delivery, but I thought I’d share my story as it’s not all doom and gloom. The staff there were super friendly!

I collected from Birmingham on Tuesday and I too was dreading going in based on all the negative comments but my car was spot on too. The service was also very good and friendly.

I took delivery of my M3 from Birmingham today and apart from a couple of cleaner stains on the chairs (which got cleaned up easily) and a few glue marks outside, everything was Bob on! I was dreading going in today after reading the stories of people refusing delivery, but I thought I’d share my story as it’s not all doom and gloom. The staff there were super friendly!

I have a couple of questions and a overview of my pickup experience!

Picked up from birmingham yesterday and had an excellent experience. Great car and friendly people. I was doing a trade in so was worried that if the worst happened and I had to reject then I could be left without a car for the 50 mile journey home.

Found the car on the way to check in. Great condition, quick glance over and I knew that things were going to be good. Checked in with the friendly staff, signed over my fiesta, and then went around the car properly. On closer inspection found a single scuff on the front bumper (logged at the time). Going around the car a number of times I found a handful of other minor things (seriously minor, I'm amazed I spotted them). Brilliant car.

Missing type 2. CHECK THIS before leaving. They apologised and got me one within minutes.

After a drive to a supercharger (26% battery on pickup...) and a 500mph charge (wow!) I headed home. Brilliant ride, average 203 wh/mi which is bang on for the SR+ range.

Chuffed!

Now for the questions:

1. PIGEONS. Holy moly. How do we deal with pigeons just waddling their way along the road now they can't hear the car racing towards them?

2. Reporting trim issues in the app. I did this in a bit of a rush because whilst the noticeable scratch was reported at the delivery centre, there were a few other things, and I was on 78mi at this point and wanted to be "safe".
I booked into milton keynes as didn't fancy another trip into birmingham. I did this for the middle of october (minor issues, I'm in no rush). but today my car went into "car in service" in the app for a couple of hours. Then I got sent an invoice of £0 for regluing some seals (though I'd expect at least one polished scratch!)... have they closed the appointment?
I was going to give it a day expecting a phonecall, then email them directly as they're such minor issues I'd be perfectly happy waiting until a nearby (west bridgeford) SC opens up. I basically just want my issues (however minor they are) "logged" for whenever I do eventually visit a service centre, does that make sense?

3. Any way to get the honk on lock to not sound at home? with the amount I go out to the car to check on it right now/tinker, my neighbours must be going mad.

• Informative
Reactions: OneTinyFish
Our home delivery didn't happen today. Took a call at 7.30 from a 3rd party delivery company to be told the driver who was assigned to the delivery went "awol" today and the car is still in Birmingham. Utterly shite having waited in all day. I would much rather have gone and collected the p******g thing!

Is the Tesla delivery number open on a Saturday ?

Last edited:
Our home delivery didn't happen today. Took a call at 7.30 from a 3rd party delivery company to be told the driver who was assigned to the delivery went "awol" today and the car is still in Birmingham. Utterly shite having waited in all day. I would much rather have gone and collected the p******g thing!

That’s exactly what happened with me. Please do not except their word. Please make official complaints and keep calling!! It looks like they cannot deal with the huge influx and therefore the problems! Knowles today has informed me that they might stop offering Tesla’s due to rubbish customer service!

Yes, it should be. I asked them this question today.

Finally arrived. Had to chase people at Tesla to get a link for the courtier. Had to call multiple times!
Haven’t checked the car completely yet but it drives beautifully!!!

what kind of range are people getting?

Congratulations! I’m glad your car came through in the end. Was it worth the wait?

D6525297-3C33-49D6-9E50-088A3921042D.jpeg
I was due to collect a Blue LR M3 on Monday at west Drayton but got a call to say it came off the transporter badly damaged. They’ve found me a replacement but in Bristol...

Yeah. Badly damaged...

Yes, it should be. I asked them this question today.

Congratulations! I’m glad your car came through in the end. Was it worth the wait?

Hi thanks! It’s amazing. Working today so drove it..My commute is a good 50 miles each way.. thoroughly enjoyed every bit.. worth the wait but not the unnecessary stress.. but it’s awesome.. you will see.. wowww. You have to take into consideration that I drove a Honda Accord 2008 before this .. so things are drastically different for me..
Haven’t checked for damage etc but door panels look ok. No rattling etc.

Does anyone know how to get second phone access to car functions?

The car does not appear on my Tesla account.. any advice? I tried to claim ownership but the documents wouldn’t upload..

Hi thanks! It’s amazing. Working today so drove it..My commute is a good 50 miles each way.. thoroughly enjoyed every bit.. worth the wait but not the unnecessary stress.. but it’s awesome.. you will see.. wowww. You have to take into consideration that I drove a Honda Accord 2008 before this .. so things are drastically different for me..
Haven’t checked for damage etc but door panels look ok. No rattling etc.

Does anyone know how to get second phone access to car functions?

The car does not appear on my Tesla account.. any advice? I tried to claim ownership but the documents wouldn’t upload..

Theres an option when you login to the website on the owners account to add additional driver accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.