Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this thread since I ordered so I thought I'd share my collection experience from West Drayton.

No scratches on the exterior or anything, the only thing was a reasonable amount of glue residue on the chrome and badge. Called one of the attendants over who went in and got a spray and cloth which after a few minutes took it all it off.

On the interior it all looked fine when I was there but when I got home I noticed two black marks/finger prints on the each visor headliner, probably from whomever installed them. There is also a strange smear on one of the leather seats.

In terms of equipment, it was missing a Type 2 cable but was told to send an email to a parts address and I will have one couriered to me in 48 hours which I have done.

Logged the interior items in the app with a service appointment in 2.5 week (would rather they took responsibility of cleaning it off with whatever product they use than me making it worse).

Not a terrible outcome given the more major exterior items I've seen in this thread but I guess not as good as it should be.

I also had missing type 2 cable. Collected from Bristol and told around 40 cars had that cable missing. Suggested I ask for cable through Tesla app but can’t find how best done. Can you forward parts email address as per your post. Thanks.

So, after much delay and chasing up with lease company, my LR was delivered yesterday. To my surprise and relief it was done apart from a small scuff marks on the drivers side scuff plate, which I can't be bothered sorting.
However my type 2 cable is get, whereas I've only ever seen Tesla's supplied with blue. My question is, are they actually different or does colour not matter?

mi
So, after much delay and chasing up with lease company, my LR was delivered yesterday. To my surprise and relief it was done apart from a small scuff marks on the drivers side scuff plate, which I can't be bothered sorting.
However my type 2 cable is get, whereas I've only ever seen Tesla's supplied with blue. My question is, are they actually different or does colour not matter?
Mine's grey, others are blue - just be happy you got one, some haven't!

Looking for some order advice. I've held a Model 3 reservation since February which is being released on the 12th of October. I can't accept delivery of the car until the 10th-15th of November. Should I let the reservation run it's course, and wait for a VIN Match & Pick-up appointment to be given, then call to delay if it's too early?

Or email ahead now and note my concerns?
Cheers!

Colour doesn’t matter. I think they have just changed cable manufacturers

I also had missing type 2 cable. Collected from Bristol and told around 40 cars had that cable missing. Suggested I ask for cable through Tesla app but can’t find how best done. Can you forward parts email address as per your post. Thanks.

Sure, the email is [email protected]

Had to send them the below and received the cable today (4 days after requesting so not bad)
  • Name:
  • VIN:
  • Contact Number:
  • Delivery Address:

Anybody have any idea on current delivery timescales? I ordered mine on 17th Sept 2020 - Website predicted between 5-10 weeks, but just wondered what others have experienced recently - More likely around 5 weeks or 10 weeks or somewhere in between? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.