Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I get a prize for being the earliest order date without a text yet? :D

My lease blue M3LR with 18" wheels and black interior was ordered on the 17th September and I'm still to receive a text. Tesla have said the order is fully approved by the lease company and evidence suggests the text would come direct to me so it doesn't look like the lease company is holding things up. I've given up phoning to chase as I'm not sure I'd believe what they say anyway!

I can only hope based on other posts that my text is just around the corner.

mines the same and I’m still waiting.
Hardly any blue cars on the pier from the photos will be the 3rd boar

Do I get a prize for being the earliest order date without a text yet? :D

My lease blue M3LR with 18" wheels and black interior was ordered on the 17th September and I'm still to receive a text. Tesla have said the order is fully approved by the lease company and evidence suggests the text would come direct to me so it doesn't look like the lease company is holding things up. I've given up phoning to chase as I'm not sure I'd believe what they say anyway!

I can only hope based on other posts that my text is just around the corner.

Nope, I ordered 3rd Sept and still no text or info!

Maybe it was a bit of a generalisation to say all car manufacturers.

I was luckily enough to get a behind the scenes tour of the Hyundai factory in the Czech Republic a few years ago. Was amazed that every car was built to order. The robots at various stages were programmed from an order/specification list that was fed from the main dealers sales. It wasn't even as if each line was assigned to a different model, one moment the robots could be bending the steel for an i30, then ix20, ix35 etc. All dependent on who's order was up next.

I don't think Tesla have this capacity. Imagine on each production line there's a necessary pause between S,3,X,Y to retool and reprogram.

Only they’re not all made on the same production line. 3 is definitely different to S. Can’t remember X/Y. I think some of the presses may be shared but thats about it.

I'm Norwegian and probably irrelevant in this thread, but I assume we get our cars from the same boatloads, the RCC Antwerp, Grand Aurora and Triton Ace. I ordered the 2021 LR white with tow package and 18"s on 20th of October. I got an email yesterday, stating delivery will be between 25. and 31. of December. Quite a disappointment, and kind of a confirmation of the random nature of these deliveries, as I expect there to be tons of orders after 20th of October which they have to fulfill before 31. of December. Oh well. Got some more time to pay down my other car.

Rang yesterday for another update on the two cars we have ordered.

Now been told that it could be on one of several boats and until the VIN allocation text arrives, they don't know which one it is or when an exact ETA will be. At this stage the ETA is now mid December.

Differs slightly from the last update a week ago where they said it was on a boat and arriving second week of November.

LR white and LR blue. Ordered 19/10/2020.

I'm Norwegian and probably irrelevant in this thread, but I assume we get our cars from the same boatloads, the RCC Antwerp, Grand Aurora and Triton Ace. I ordered the 2021 LR white with tow package and 18"s on 20th of October. I got an email yesterday, stating delivery will be between 25. and 31. of December. Quite a disappointment, and kind of a confirmation of the random nature of these deliveries, as I expect there to be tons of orders after 20th of October which they have to fulfill before 31. of December. Oh well. Got some more time to pay down my other car.

Also Norwegian here:

Spoke to Tesla again today and he could reconfirm that my car is on the way and it looks like it's on the second boat (Triton Ace)
Red LR Black interior, 18inch with towhitch ordered 13. Oct. Delivery Drammen, Norway

He estimated delivery second or third week of December

Edit: Have not received any email or SMS

After receiving my text yesterday to say that my car has been matched, I phoned Tesla today who have confirmed my VIN number (10 digit is letter M - so def 2021). they also said that they can see on their last update the car is currently on the boat at the port in SF (which is currently Aurora) and that it is planned to arrive in the UK on the first week of December and likely collection around 12th Dec.

So looks likely that all those receiving a text around now will be on Aurora and not Triton or Antwerp. Mine is a LRAWD MSM B&W Tow FSD ordered mid-Sept

After receiving my 'your car has been allocated' text on the 28th Oct and nothing else since then, I called Tesla this morning to ask for an update. The guy I spoke to confirmed my car has been matched and provided me with a VIN with 10th letter 'M' thus confirming it's a refresh. The guy told me delivery will be 'sometime during the first two weeks of December' and that the lockdown won't cause delay however the handover process will be a bit different.

Spec is: M3 SR+ , White , 18" Aero

I am still waiting to be matched on a M3LR MSM 19" Sport Wheels with Premium Black interior (no hitch). Ordered through LEX leasing on 24th Sept. Original date from LEX was 10th November at dealer, now 15th November and Tesla saying end of November / Early December with no match to reservation number.

Just called Tesla about my M3LR black/black, 19", no towbar ordered 8th October.

Told that I've not been matched yet but should receive the text etc within the next couple of weeks.

Also told that the UK movement restrictions about to come into force could push collection back although I "will definitely receive the car during this quarter".

Ulp, I guess that includes up to December the 31st.

I ordered a model 3 performance at the end of September/early October depending when the leasing company put it through, it is white/black. I have just been allocated a car for delivery 28th November - 4th December. I hadn't see any/many performance versions having been allocated so was quite happy to get the message. It has a M in the VIN but apart from supposition, I guess it's not 100% certain that this will be a refreshed model. I guess there is nothing to have stopped a pre-refresh model from having an M? I am checking with Tesla anyway.

Finally managed to get the RN number from the lease-co, managed to find someone really helpful on a Tesla email address so waiting to hear if mine is on a ship! She did caviar it with this info if it helps anyone

"There is no set time Tesla guarantee your order. Tesla build all UK vehicles in the US and ship them over in large batches. Your delivery date depends on if your car makes it onto the latest batch, so to speak. What we are seeing recently i a lot of cars being scheduled for December collections in the UK, but you may receive it earlier depending on how quick we actually get the car into the country - we're always cautious with the dates incase of Port details or weather delays.

Tesla ship over a set variety of vehicles based on predicted sales for that period. Therefore there are often unsold cars on each shipment which get added to the inventory on the website for accelerated delivery"

Status
Not open for further replies.