Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All. I ordered my car through my works leasing scheme so get very limited information. I ordered a black M3LR on 29/9/20 and last week on 4/11/20 I received the text from Tesla saying my car has allocated with an order reference number. Unfortunately on the Tesla website I don't see the order information.

I requested the Birmingham delivery point but have no further details from Tesla.

Any idea as to when I am likely to hear more? Excited to get it and also my old car's MOT is due in December!

Yeah. I think it’s the non standard wheels. I have same and I got the initial text though and they claim that I have a vin now but no reg.

I suspect your car will be on the next boat leaving.

slightly annoying if it hasn’t left yet. Trade in price will most probably drop too. I guess I am being impatient but when I ordered the car the delivery was November so had planned everything around that. Already got the MOT done as if it’s a December delivery then it would not be a full month.
It’s the lack of info that I find the most frustrating!

I have contacted Tesla 3 times and they tell me they cant tell me which boat my LR is on. I have the VIN number and a delivery window of the 28th to the 4th December. How can they give different information out
Least you've got a VIN haha, Ordered 8th October and I haven't heard a damn thing. Each time I call they give me different times/dates/estimates. Bit of a joke really, excited like mad for car, but being honest the way they handle information to you is pretty dire.

Fingers crossed I hear something this week as I was told you'll always hear something 3/4 weeks before delivery. If I don't get any joy this week then it's putting me into December which is not ideal.

I'm in Preston. Got an email from the lease company last week with the VIN and reg for my white M3 LR with no options. No sign of a message with a delivery date etc but hopefully that wont be too long now. Might give Tesla a call this week and see if they have any details they can share.
I just spoke to Tesla and they have confirmed home delivery is booked in on 1st December between 8am and 8pm. I assume this must have been arranged with my lease company who haven't actually discussed it with me. Order was placed towards the end of September.

If you're trading in check the small print on the trade in terms & conditions.

Mine says that the trade-in must have at least one month remaining on the MOT at the date of trade-in, so I got it done last week as it was due at the start of December.

Thanks just selling my old car and leasing the Tesla through my work scheme. Comes out cheaper than what I was paying for my old BMW!

Just seen the exact spec I'm after come up 'In Inventory' and in London. Called very excitedly to be told it's just left the factory and is on the same boat as the model I ordered, which is due mid Dec. I've not got a text or any more info currently, but that may tie in with it being on GLOVIS CRYSTAL (7th Dec). They said In Inventory just means slightly faster than a brand new order, and being London just means that is where it is destined eventually.

• Informative
Reactions: Magicuni82
Least you've got a VIN haha, Ordered 8th October and I haven't heard a damn thing. Each time I call they give me different times/dates/estimates. Bit of a joke really, excited like mad for car, but being honest the way they handle information to you is pretty dire.

Fingers crossed I hear something this week as I was told you'll always hear something 3/4 weeks before delivery. If I don't get any joy this week then it's putting me into December which is not ideal.

I ordered through lease company on the 12th but done all my own chasing. I have had a VIN for over a week and got given delivery date last week

I'm not totally sure it's completely fruitless (although others with more knowledge might think differently!)

I ordered a Model 3 LR on October 23rd and saw an exact match in the Inventory (marked as 'In Transit') on November 5th. I emailed the manager of my local Tesla store (whom I'd been interacting with from test drive onwards) and asked if he could match me with that car if it would speed up the process. He did match me and then I got a text the next day confirming the match and then a further text a few hours later with my delivery appointment on November 20th. My car is on the boat nearest to Europe (RCC Antwerp).

So it feels like doing that sped things up but hard to say for sure.

I'm not totally sure it's completely fruitless (although others with more knowledge might think differently!)

I ordered a Model 3 LR on October 23rd and saw an exact match in the Inventory (marked as 'In Transit') on November 5th. I emailed the manager of my local Tesla store (whom I'd been interacting with from test drive onwards) and asked if he could match me with that car if it would speed up the process. He did match me and then I got a text the next day confirming the match and then a further text a few hours later with my delivery appointment on November 20th. My car is on the boat nearest to Europe (RCC Antwerp).

See this is what I wondered, I guess the chap on the phone said he could see they are on the same boat type of thing, whether that was bs or not I don't know! I have a feeling it may be, so want to check with someone else, but don't want to pee people off, small team handling this I imagine so will all know I've called once....

Exactly what I did and got a car from inventory from the Antwerp. If I had left it to Tesla it would have been a December delivery, always good to keep an eye on the inventory list!

I just asked Tesla Manchester to allocate me one of the inventory cars that matched my order spec (LR, MSM, 19”). He said I’d already been allocated a VIN on an “upcoming shipment” and that any cars showing as inventory won’t be “on the ground”

Have asked whether my car is on the Glovis Summit or Glovis Crystal - let’s see if I get anything helpful back!

I just asked Tesla Manchester to allocate me one of the inventory cars that matched my order spec (LR, MSM, 19”). He said I’d already been allocated a VIN on an “upcoming shipment” and that any cars showing as inventory won’t be “on the ground”

Have asked whether my car is on the Glovis Summit or Glovis Crystal - let’s see if I get anything helpful back!
Having looked at web-site what I think it does is anything that says "London" is a ship that has just left Pier 80. Anything that says "In Transit" is likely a ship already through Panama. I noticed today a lot of "London" inventory came up, however while spamming over weekend it all said "In Transit".

Status
Not open for further replies.