Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collected my Model 3 LR AWD from Manchester Airport this morning.
Weather was horrendous so got soaked trying to check it. Cameras all OK boot lid alignment fine. Couldn't find any problems.
NO mudflaps but when I pointed it out to the roving tech he went and fetched some and fitted them there and then. I commented on the camera etc and he said he PDI'd all of todays collection yesterday and sorted them - top man.
All the Staff were very good. We were a bit early for our 1130 pick up as we were dropped off but they said no problem, most of the 1030's haven't turned up! There were only 3 of us collecting cars.

Got home and setting things up but it can't find my wifi in the garage as it's too far away from the router for a good signal. I can't be the first, how do you get round this?

Weather was horrendous so got soaked trying to check it. Cameras all OK boot lid alignment fine. Couldn't find any problems.
NO mudflaps but when I pointed it out to the roving tech he went and fetched some and fitted them there and then. I commented on the camera etc and he said he PDI'd all of todays collection yesterday and sorted them - top man.
All the Staff were very good. We were a bit early for our 1130 pick up as we were dropped off but they said no problem, most of the 1030's haven't turned up! There were only 3 of us collecting cars.

Got home and setting things up but it can't find my wifi in the garage as it's too far away from the router for a good signal. I can't be the first, how do you get round this?
This will be me on Friday, hopefully no issues either. Apparently I cannot collect till Friday due to it not actually being there yet. Did you're delivery get moved or was it always for today?

was due to collect from Manchester Airport tomorrow, just had a call to state issue with transporter. now re-arrange for Saturday morning.
This is my worst nightmare. I've taken time off Friday due to it already being delayed from Tuesday, if I cannot collect it Friday then my next date would be 23rd. Panic mode :D

The first thing to check is the channel. The car doesn't like some channels so if the access point is one of them, its usually a simple job to move it to a different one. If that fails, a few other hints here TM3 Weak WiFi Signal or Wi-Fi Connection on M3 SR+ Nightmare

This will be me on Friday, hopefully no issues either. Apparently I cannot collect till Friday due to it not actually being there yet. Did you're delivery get moved or was it always for today?

This is my worst nightmare. I've taken time off Friday due to it already being delayed from Tuesday, if I cannot collect it Friday then my next date would be 23rd. Panic mode :D

My delivery was always for today although this was the 3rd location I had. First was Stockport, 2nd was a different Airport car Park and this was the 3rd.

One other thing I found with the car is that they are now set up for wireless charging of mobiles only. The one I test drove (2020 model) had provision for fitting a cable under the tray. The tray is now fixed although there are 2 usb 3 sockets in the front compartment but no real way, at present, for discrete cable routeing. Any phone earlier than an iPhone 8 and you have cables dangling around.

It came with 58% battery charge.

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
My delivery was always for today although this was the 3rd location I had. First was Stockport, 2nd was a different Airport car Park and this was the 3rd.

One other thing I found with the car is that they are now set up for wireless charging of mobiles only. The one I test drove (2020 model) had provision for fitting a cable under the tray. The tray is now fixed although there are 2 usb 3 sockets in the front compartment but no real way, at present, for discrete cable routeing. Any phone earlier than an iPhone 8 and you have cables dangling around.

It came with 58% battery charge.
The address I have is "UK-Manchester-Styal Rd 590 Styal Rd" that where you picked up? Also you said about Mud Flaps, is this something they did for free? I know some people got e-mails for protection kit however I've not heard anything so I may ask for the same on Friday to be installed if it isn't already on the car.

Cheers

I was expecting these on mine, but they were missing when I collected today . Are they spec? (I have a set ready to be fitted anyway from the email they sent out). Hopefully they can fit when I take it in the correct the huge gap between the rear lights and the boot!!

The address I have is "UK-Manchester-Styal Rd 590 Styal Rd" that where you picked up? Also you said about Mud Flaps, is this something they did for free? I know some people got e-mails for protection kit however I've not heard anything so I may ask for the same on Friday to be installed if it isn't already on the car.

Cheers
Yes that's the place. They had a Tesla banner up at the entrance then it's next left and there's a mobile unit to sort you out.
The mudflaps should be standard on a LR which is why I queried them.

Anyone collecting a M3 during COVID, what happens at collection? Do they help set everything up etc? I have the option for home delivery and wondering whether just to do that or is it worthwhile collecting from the Tesla centre??
I presume you're going to Edinburgh? They're masked and gloved up and will guide you to set it up yourself. Plenty of hand sanitiser and almost all of it was done outside. Advantage of going there is if there are any minor issues they will fix them there and then.

Traded in a M3 SR+ for an M3 LR today. Went pretty smoothly and no real issues with my delivery (though reading this thread, I wasn't aware of the mudflaps thing!).

This was my first trade-in and unfortunately just a few days ago, it seems someone scraped their car against my SR+ causing some minor paint damage. Wasn't sure if this would be an issue but the Tesla rep who did a walk-around said it was fine and waved it off.

Picked up my M3 LR from Edinburgh this afternoon - still grinning. All working well, and it is getting it's first home charge as I type. A lot of getting used to it to do; but no rush, we'll work our way through things over the next week or so. Just wish circumstances allowed more travel!

Tesla Newbridge was utterly full to the gunnels: cars, people picking them up, one transporter parked, another trying to get in. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. The guy who showed us the car is normally through in Glasgow (Callum? Colin?) mentioned that both there and Edinburgh will be moving to new locations.

Picture from half an hour after receiving it:

upload_2020-12-16_22-48-42.png

I was told by Tesla yesterday that all cars due to be delivered / collected this quarter are in the UK.
The team dealing with allocations etc are the busiest they’ve ever known. My M3P is due to be delivered 30th/31st, so I’ll chase tomorrow as I’ve seen nothing official yet.

Yeah it will be Edinburgh for collection. How long did the whole thing take? I just got a text earlier today delaying it by a week. Going to call tomorrow and find out what’s going on and then decide if I collect/get it delivered
As long as you want. We arrived early (got an earlier bus) and spotted our car out front. Started looking it over and someone came out to speak to us. Probably to 10 mins to check the bodywork etc. Couple of items needed fixed, so they did that there and then. After that the longest part was setting up the phone as a key and going through initial settings. Probably another 10 minutes. If you're already familiar with the setup then you can certainly shorten the turnover time.

As long as you want. We arrived early (got an earlier bus) and spotted our car out front. Started looking it over and someone came out to speak to us. Probably to 10 mins to check the bodywork etc. Couple of items needed fixed, so they did that there and then. After that the longest part was setting up the phone as a key and going through initial settings. Probably another 10 minutes. If you're already familiar with the setup then you can certainly shorten the turnover time.

When you say: "Couple of items needed fixed", what do you mean by that? What are the things you suggest to check?
- paintwork
- roof scratches
- panels gap
- side camera is working
- headlights

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.