Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They started displaying car rotation as well as just position. Used to be every car faced forward, even if it was cross traffic or opposing traffic.

Correct. One interesting anomaly that is currently visible is that if you watch the cars in front of you cross an intersection they will spin around and face you as soon as they cross the apposing crosswalk. Much discussion has been had about completely removing the representation from the screen as it is not directly related to any function of the car. It was put there to represent the 360 degree vision of the car (prior to the addition of direction detection) It's primary purpose was intended to instill confidence in the occupants that the car was paying attention to its surroundings. This feeling is diminished by the "dancing" effect when cars are not moving. I believe those clock cycles should be utilized elsewhere.

Reactions: M109Rider
I haven’t noticed much more, but I believe this is a good sign anyway.

They’re now working on edge cases and AP is a little skittish with them maybe.
All a work in progress though right. Can’t get to FSD over night.

Once these edge cases are streamlined, the progress will hopefully move fast from there.

Once these edge cases are streamlined, the progress will hopefully move fast from there.

Pure speculation. Do you have insider Tesla AP dev team knowledge?

Yesterday evening I saw multiple false positive (or way too early/sensitive) forward collision warnings. I have mine set to “medium” and I once in a while get a false positive when I’m not decelerating quite as fast as it would like, but this was different as the car it highlighted in red was stopped quite a ways in front of me and I was not being aggressive at all in my stopping rate or distance (and was at low speed to begin with). It actually fired twice for the same car, and once a little later. Will be keeping an eye out to see if it keeps being a problem.

Pure speculation. Do you have insider Tesla AP dev team knowledge?

Lol
Did you even read my posting. :)

Wording like “I believe” and “progress will hopefully move forward “, are not quotes from insider AP development teams.

As for working on edge cases, that’s a fact. They’ve said they’re working on edge cases. I believe it was even stated in the investors video.
Do you believe Tesla developers are not working on edge case scenarios. :)

Reactions: ibGeek and bd7349
Withing around 24 hours it should be around 50/50. The 2019.28.2.5 appears to be Model S specific and is very limited at the moment.

Not just any Model S, but specifically those with 85kWh packs.. wonder if it's related to this:

If you fast charge, Tesla will permanently throttle charging

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 3.22.54 PM.png