Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please please please let us know if you had Range issues, has it been corrected with this update?
Does the range correct to 310 or 325 if you were previously seeing 299/300?
Thanks.
Nope. I got the update this morning. I have a dual motor long range model with roughly 7,000 miles on it and I've had a 4% battery loss. My 90% charge is giving me roughly 268 miles of range. It's been that way since August for me and it slowly seems to be creeping down little by little month by month.

If it goes much lower I'll setup a service appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: RickW and lax1mxb
Sad to hear. I've been seeing 1-2% on some boards for range loss over 1 year, but I'm not sure that with BMS recalibrations anything is sacred anymore. Maybe Stats App is the only accurate source here. Interesting to note that I have begun seeing a 1% variation in Stats App percentages compared to the dashboard or Tesla App at the 70-60% levels. Not sure if it's significant. Still listening to people say it's no big deal, but I have to tell you if my Acura showed 410 miles of fuel after a full tank and in 6 weeks showed 389 as the full tank I would still be questioning this. Just for the record for those of you who keep asking me this.

My navigate on autopilot Lane change behavior has changed. I had it set to Lane change notification off, and it kept that setting. I normally don't drive while applying constant torque to the wheel. That way when navigate on autopilot wanted to change lanes, I get a visual indication and it's a conscious decision to apply torque to confirm the lane change. The directions used to flash like when the normal autopilot nag happens, but now it just displays the lane as a blue plane like before with a subtle ding sound if I don't apply torque.

Anyone else notice this?

My navigate on autopilot Lane change behavior has changed. I had it set to Lane change notification off, and it kept that setting. I normally don't drive while applying constant torque to the wheel. That way when navigate on autopilot wanted to change lanes, I get a visual indication and it's a conscious decision to apply torque to confirm the lane change. The directions used to flash like when the normal autopilot nag happens, but now it just displays the lane as a blue plane like before with a subtle ding sound if I don't apply torque.

Anyone else notice this?

Correction: it kept the notiication behavior, but changed "require confirmation" to on.

Nope. I got the update this morning. I have a dual motor long range model with roughly 7,000 miles on it and I've had a 4% battery loss. My 90% charge is giving me roughly 268 miles of range. It's been that way since August for me and it slowly seems to be creeping down little by little month by month.

When I had Tesla service out about a month ago and explained that I'm seeing lower range with the same percentage charge, it was explained to me that Tesla is using the log information to actually accurately give the driver range information based on driving style. Thus, if you are a lead-foot driver (and who isn't with this great torque and acceleration), it will base the range on the average of the mileage one would get from that driving style.

It would be interesting to see if Tesla will confirm that is what they are doing beyond the word of the Tesla service rep. If so, the lost of range simply is the system more accurately reflecting how far it would go based on your driving style. Of course, if most of the driving is short hops around town, the system can become too conservative in its range analysis compared to what one would get if simply driving consistently on the highway for long periods of time. In those cases, the real range would actually be further than what the screen states and the car would further adjust to a greater range after that trip.

Again, looking for Tesla to confirm that is what they're doing.

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420
When I had Tesla service out about a month ago and explained that I'm seeing lower range with the same percentage charge, it was explained to me that Tesla is using the log information to actually accurately give the driver range information based on driving style. Thus, if you are a lead-foot driver (and who isn't with this great torque and acceleration), it will base the range on the average of the mileage one would get from that driving style.

It would be interesting to see if Tesla will confirm that is what they are doing beyond the word of the Tesla service rep. If so, the lost of range simply is the system more accurately reflecting how far it would go based on your driving style. Of course, if most of the driving is short hops around town, the system can become too conservative in its range analysis compared to what one would get if simply driving consistently on the highway for long periods of time. In those cases, the real range would actually be further than what the screen states and the car would further adjust to a greater range after that trip.

Again, looking for Tesla to confirm that is what they're doing.
Almost all my of driving consists of short 7-10 mile drives to and from work. I HAVE taken the car on a few road trips but out of my total 7,000 miles driven my road trips only account for roughly 800 miles.

I don't buy their answer. I think some batteries are degrading a bit. I drive pretty conservatively. My total lifetime average WH/Mile is only about 245.

I'm generally Ok with SOME degredation but if it continues on the current trajectory then it will become a problem.

They will likely call you to tell you your battery is fine and that the rated range fluctuates and updates periodically based on driving habits, efficiency, etc. Please let us know if you hear anything else or if they don’t cancel your appointment and check your battery at the SC.

Reactions: turnem