Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.1 - Car is mostly deaf to voice commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worked fine for me just now replying to text message.

By the way to get that enabled i had to disconnect and re-connect my phone. The it asked on my phone if I want to allow syncing messages. I said yes and the options appeared in the car.

What is really surprising is that it read Russian Cyrillic text message fairly OK. Couldn't do Russian speak to text though to reply...

Reactions: Roy W.
Anyone tried 50.5? Just installed but haven’t tested yet... (freezing out there):cool:
I tried it out last night on wi-fi - seemed to work much better than 50.1 for me. but for some inexplicable reason the UK version just doesn't seem to understand some commands at all - 'show rear camera" for example, but also a number of others.

The ones that did work were great (wiper control at last)!

But on my commute to work - not so good. Whether it was road noise or the wavering internet connection it was very flaky again - often didn't hear me at all. other times did but failed to execute.

Very disappointing when you see folk in America seemingly getting a fully working package - what gives?

I tried it out last night on wi-fi - seemed to work much better than 50.1 for me. but for some inexplicable reason the UK version just doesn't seem to understand some commands at all - 'show rear camera" for example, but also a number of others.

The ones that did work were great (wiper control at last)!

But on my commute to work - not so good. Whether it was road noise or the wavering internet connection it was very flaky again - often didn't hear me at all. other times did but failed to execute.

Very disappointing when you see folk in America seemingly getting a fully working package - what gives?

Agree, i was also wondering about the road noise impact.

As it's clearly all driven server-side, I also wonder if there is an issue with us being ex-USA and they haven’t spun up an EU instance of the NLP (Natural Language Processing) services yet... eg we are just a long long way from the server and we are getting timed out, or it may be there is an EU instance but it doesn’t have the full set of services yet.

good news is it all looks like it’s being built on a nice microservice infrastructure so it will be highly scalable and extensible. I would say this is still streets ahead of most of the competition.

If and when it does work please find below a list of commands to-date, not mine and is a crowd sourced

V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands

Add new here if you know of any that's not on the list:

V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands - By @LifeMiddie (littlD on teslaownersonline.com)
Yeah - i was working through them last night. None of the show/ open commands work for me. I can receive texts - but can't use voice commands to send them. The media playing is still very poor. If you say "Play lucky by radiohead" It correctly inputs the text.. but fails to find the song. If it does find a song you have asked for it doesn't play it... it shows up a search screen with loads of podcasts etc... you need to scroll down through the search results and press the song title to get it to play. Crazy implementation.

I enjoyed using the "set seat heater to 3 bacon" and "eject passenger seat" command :eek:) They work at least.

Weirdly... "Keep summer safe" was one of the few commands that did work when I first got the car... now it won't compute at all.