Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.1 - Car is mostly deaf to voice commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is mostly deaf, occasionally picks up on some commands, retypes my phrase in bold and then does nothing. There is also no sign of the message option on the call app... :( was there no text reading option in the UK??

Initially I had the same issue after updating. Nothing, no response to any voice command even ones that worked before.

Then I tried a soft restart and then it worked, not faultlessly but about 80% of the time.

It might have something to do with coverage as it was patchy. However the start of the journey it was good and still nothing worked.

There is also no sign of the message option on the call app... :( was there no text reading option in the UK??

did you RTFM on how to enable it, in the release notes :)

1E1A4E20-7F57-42BF-9968-AD563347739D.jpeg

I agree with people above I am also in this situation where even the basic voice commands no longer work properly.

Initially I had the same issue after updating. Nothing, no response to any voice command even ones that worked before.

It's a bit hit and miss

Works sometimes and not others

I agree, it worked for a bit after the initial install then it stopped responding to voice commands and I can't sent text messages..

It's the new tesla style...neither the service centre nor the car will now respond.

Agree, this sounds just like Tesla service centres!

Reactions: tess19