Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.3 — still no range boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No range increase on my LR RWD on 5.15 or 8.3 (received yesterday). I tried contacting Tesla through the chat after each of those updates. The first time, I was told to wait until the next update. This last time, I was told to wait a few days for the battery to recalibrate, which kind of sounds like nonsense. I don't particularly care if I get the range boost now or later. I just don't want to be left completely behind. Some more clarity from Tesla's chat folks would have been nice.

• Informative
Reactions: geometro
So, I ran the battery down to about 25% over the course of the past couple of days. When I charged it back up to 90%, the app reported 284 miles, which is up from my standard 278 but not quite where it would be if the max was 325.

Oddly enough, when I got in the car the display showed 277 miles. I had checked the range from the app 10 minutes before going to the car, so I can't imagine it was vampire drain. It really does seem like there is some calibration and/or software goofiness impacting some people.

On 2019.8.2 and did a charge from 24 miles remaining to full. Full is showing 307 miles. My original full charge at purchase was 313 (last April). My 90% charge has been showing 280 instead of the usual 279 though.

Take it for what you will.