Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3P insurance rocketed this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting! It's in a locked*, alarmed and with CCTV garage (used to keep expensive motorbikes in it) and it's never occurred to me that downgrading, so to speak, might be beneficial to premium. Will do some dummy quotes when I have the time and see if it makes a difference!

* From memory the quotation forms always specify a locked garage.
If you live in a low crime area there is more risk from you crashing while parking in the garage than there is from crime while parked on your drive. However you live in Portsmouth so as you were 🤣.

Reactions: Masklin
If you live in a low crime area there is more risk from you crashing while parking in the garage than there is from crime while parked on your drive. However you live in Portsmouth so as you were 🤣.

I have a Portsmouth postcode, but don’t actually live in Portsmouth ;)

I did a like for like quote with everything the same bar changing from garaged to driveway, and… driveway was ~£45 cheaper than garaged.

Go figure 🤨

Reactions: Jason71
I have a Portsmouth postcode, but don’t actually live in Portsmouth ;)

I did a like for like quote with everything the same bar changing from garaged to driveway, and… driveway was ~£45 cheaper than garaged.

Go figure 🤨

Unfortunately there is a bigger chance of scraping your car getting it into a garage vs a driveway which people inevitably will claim for or knocking an old jar of paint or whatnot over their bonnet.

When I swapped from an M3 LR to an MY LR Admiral gave me a rebate of about 15-20% :)

I am going with them too for mine - Tesco (who I am currently with after swapping cars a couple of months left on my previous car) are far too expensive
Last year you paid: £748.62 - this would have been the price for the policy if I had insured the M3 for the full term.
Your renewal price: £886.66 - bit of a joke really, near 20% increase with no changes.

I am also getting a bit peed off with losing NCB - some companies max you out at 9 years NCB, so when you get your renewal they continue to show it as 9, even if you came to them with vastly more (I had 19 years when I joined them) you don't have the proof any longer. It's a joke.

Reactions: MrBadger
am also getting a bit peed off with losing NCB - some companies max you out at 9 years NCB, so when you get your renewal they continue to show it as 9, even if you came to them with vastly more (I had 19 years when I joined them) you don't have the proof any longer. It's a joke.
I don’t think you get any additional reductions beyond 9 years so it shouldn’t matter.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Adopado
In a way I think I’d prefer the tapered No Claims Discount percentage to be concentrated towards maximum sooner. Just means that AXA is attracting those with particularly more NCD years. The tool should also show the grading scale of percentage reduction from each ideally.