Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X - Autopilot Not Engaging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI everyone,

I just took delivery of my MX and it has around 110 miles on it as of today. I have EAP and AS enabled in settings. When I drive on the freeway, I see a grey wheel appear in the dash (along with images of cars and lane markers), and when pulling the stock forward twice...nothing happens. No EAP, No ES. The wheel on the dash stays grey.

Does my car need to keep calibrating? I am not getting any warning notifications, either, that the "cameras are still calibrating".

Is something wrong with my stock?

Thanks for your help!

Does it make any noises at all?! If it doesn’t want to engage you will get the ‘f off’ :D sound. I’ve never heard ‘nothing’. Either you get ‘no AP for you’ or the sound of AP engaging.

So, I’d call Tesla’s national support (tap on the T at the top of your large screen for the number) so they can troubleshoot it. It may just be calibration didn’t actually complete and needs to be reset.

Does it make any noises at all?! If it doesn’t want to engage you will get the ‘f off’ :D sound. I’ve never heard ‘nothing’. Either you get ‘no AP for you’ or the sound of AP engaging.

So, I’d call Tesla’s national support (tap on the T at the top of your large screen for the number) so they can troubleshoot it. It may just be calibration didn’t actually complete and needs to be reset.
o_O Haha no sound at all which I also thought was weird. I tried calling yesterday and they had me do a restart and a power down, and both unfortunately didn't fix it :( I'll call again and see what they recommend. Thx!

Reactions: boaterva
Update 2: took it in for service on Friday. The service experience itself was great. Only there for about 45 min, and they were really accommodating. Turns out the autopilot stock was installed wrong (I was right!) And they just had to take off the steering wheel to fix it. I was out of there and like a kid in a candy store driving home with autopilot. Still though, for a $100k+ car, the car never should have been delivered that way. Still disappointing, but at least it was a quick fix!

Reactions: OregonX Guy
Mine works maybe 50% of the time. Most of the time I do not have the lane lines, cars around me or speed limit sign and my brights are stck on. Then there are times I have all that but a message is on the screen that says 'Driver Assistant Features Unavailable. If issue persist, contact Tesla support'

Tesla Support hasn't helped, SC is 3 week wait and I have only had the car 5 days. I emailed my DS Sunday for paperwork to return the car under the 7 day rule, no response. I emailed support, no response. I've called, no call back.

The DS doesn’t do anything after delivery, I found that also, they move on to the next people.

I’d call support (National number) back and tell them you need an answer while you’re on the phone or your attorney will be in touch under the one week return policy. Keep escalating on the phone.

They can’t just delay you until it expires. Keep detailed records of what you did, who you talked to, and when. This is the problem when you can’t test features ASAP since AP needs to calibrate.

It may be as simple as a camera re-aiming. But they need to take care of it. (If you mean auto-brights, that sorta sounds like camera-aiming also.)

Mine works maybe 50% of the time. Most of the time I do not have the lane lines, cars around me or speed limit sign and my brights are stck on. Then there are times I have all that but a message is on the screen that says 'Driver Assistant Features Unavailable. If issue persist, contact Tesla support'

Tesla Support hasn't helped, SC is 3 week wait and I have only had the car 5 days. I emailed my DS Sunday for paperwork to return the car under the 7 day rule, no response. I emailed support, no response. I've called, no call back.

Have you requested service via the app? I have something hanging down from the undercarriage. I requested service via the app and told them I had a picture of the problem. Within minutes I got a text asking if I could send them the picture. I did so. Within another few minutes they scheduled mobile service to visit my car at my home.

They will be here tomorrow morning.

Reactions: himself