Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.10 Rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is some bug going on that they are working out. The roll out just suddenly stop. But again with Tesla sometimes this happens and then they will push it widely or that will for example 12.10.1
That’s normal and doesn’t necessarily mean a bug. They typically release to a small group, about 5%, wait a few days, then release to a wider group - sometimes those wider releases are the same, sometimes they include some fixes and an incremental version increase.

That’s normal and doesn’t necessarily mean a bug. They typically release to a small group, about 5%, wait a few days, then release to a wider group - sometimes those wider releases are the same, sometimes they include some fixes and an incremental version increase.
Yes I know this, my point was this is normal. There are so many variables that go into Tesla software releases.

Finally 12.10 d/l and installing now
F642BEDE-22AA-4246-9919-38DC997FD6A3.jpeg

2020.12.10 installed about an hour ago! sentry viewer is awesome! but after I viewed and deleted 10 videos (along with scrolling through the footage) the screen froze so I had to do the screen reset - otherwise no other issues!

navigation map update downloading now
Did the navigation map update automatically for you icemanxlb? I updated to 12.10 the other day and while driving I noticed instructions in the software menu to connect to WiFi and update navigation maps which I forgot to do when I returned home. Now that I've downloaded 12.11 this morning the instructions to update navigation maps disappeared from the software menu. But there's still a note at the top of the 12.11 "What's New in This Update" (see attached image). Not sure how to update my maps or if 12.10 and 12.11 did it for me already?
5d4470dc-eab6-4059-8c11-49a9cd7cbad5-jpeg.535662

Did the navigation map update automatically for you icemanxlb? I updated to 12.10 the other day and while driving I noticed instructions in the software menu to connect to WiFi and update navigation maps which I forgot to do when I returned home. Now that I've downloaded 12.11 this morning the instructions to update navigation maps disappeared from the software menu. But there's still a note at the top of the 12.11 "What's New in This Update" (see attached image). Not sure how to update my maps or if 12.10 and 12.11 did it for me already?
5d4470dc-eab6-4059-8c11-49a9cd7cbad5-jpeg.535662

yes it did - immediately after software update (did it automatically without confirmation) - when you go to software updates you should see “navigation up to date” as an indicator to whether or not it has been installed

Thanks for the info. That’s where I looked this morning and where the grayed our map update instructions were yesterday. But now it only says “software up to date” (or something like that) not “navigation up to date”. My wife is out with the car. I’ll check again when she returns.