Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m installing 12.5 at the moment too. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be needing to drive to the shops again until Wednesday. But I will sit in the garage and have a play with the dashcam viewer. Sad or what! :)
I'll join in as i'm not in work until Wednesday.

yesterday i delivered some medical equipment to the nightingale hospital in Bristol, Things are progressing very quickly with half of the building being turned into a morgue :(

Reactions: Jez_GB and Roy W.
  • Funny
Reactions: Medved_77
2020.12.5 just downloaded. That’s 3 updates in 31 miles.
I hope that is never ever the case again.
I did find one clip where the car is actually moving, albeit out of the garage!

For camera storage I bought these from Amazon for £46
Three quarters of the drive is for sentry and dash cam and the remainder hold my iTunes music library

Western Digital Green 240 GB Internal SSD M.2 SATA

and

Sabrent M.2 SSD [NGFF] USB 3.0 aluminum Enclosure [UASP Support] (EC-M2MC)

Are they the ones i recommended??

Aha! I have been checking the Tesla app to see if this update was available but no joy. So I went and actually sat in the car and toggled my software update preference back to standard and then onto advanced again and, hey presto, it's now downloading this update.

Can't wait to have my car sitting on the drive with 12.1 miles on the clock with the latest software, going nowhere for weeks(!)

At least I can play with the sentry viewer and see my newspaper being delivered at around 1am every day.

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Just a point worth noting. The dash cam footage isn’t password protected (pin to drive etc), nor hidden when in valet mode meaning footage can be easily deleted by who ever has access to the screen. There is a discussion here Sentry Video Viewer Really Needs a Password...

The USB could be nicked too before anyone mentions it. (Potentially more noticeable than deleting the odd footage).

I'm seeing stop lines now. That is, in addition to the visualization of the traffic lights themselves, there are now visualizations of the line on the ground where it thinks it would be stopping once autopilot starts using it. (Here in Lambeth the road markings are so badly maintained that it can't figure the location of that line out one time in ten (rough guess as I've done 10 miles since 2020.12.5 installed)).

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Aha! I have been checking the Tesla app to see if this update was available but no joy. So I went and actually sat in the car and toggled my software update preference back to standard and then onto advanced again and, hey presto, it's now downloading this update.

Can't wait to have my car sitting on the drive with 12.1 miles on the clock with the latest software, going nowhere for weeks(!)

At least I can play with the sentry viewer and see my newspaper being delivered at around 1am every day.
Cycling between service option and software on the settings screen always works for me. “Forces a re-check” opposed to “force the latest update”.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Just installed this update. Dashcam viewer is awesome!

Question I seem to have a sentry clip for each day I’ve parked the car including this week but dashcam seems to have stopped in March?! I am guessing the drive is not full as sentry would not be adding files each day. Unless there are different areas?

Just installed this update. Dashcam viewer is awesome!

Question I seem to have a sentry clip for each day I’ve parked the car including this week but dashcam seems to have stopped in March?! I am guessing the drive is not full as sentry would not be adding files each day. Unless there are different areas?
you won't get any dashcam videos unless you've saved them first, if you let it record for a little while and then save them, they will be available in the viewer

So is “dashcam” not constantly recording? Only when I hit save clip or honk? I have lots of dashcam clips but none recently.
It is constantly recording but only for 10 mins at a time which is then over written in a constant loop. Pressing save keeps the last 10 mins in a different folder and then it continues looping as before

From what i've seen so far, only saved clips are accessible in the viewer, which makes sense really

Reactions: Adopado