Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question when it comes to updates.

If I'm given a chance to install 12.5.0:

1. If I install it, will I be offered the chance to also install 12.5.1 or x.x.2 when patches are released?
2. If I don't install and a new patch is then pushed out, will the car scrap the downloaded version and re-download the updated patched version and offer this for install?

Thanks
Scott

Question when it comes to updates.

If I'm given a chance to install 12.5.0:

1. If I install it, will I be offered the chance to also install 12.5.1 or x.x.2 when patches are released?
2. If I don't install and a new patch is then pushed out, will the car scrap the downloaded version and re-download the updated patched version and offer this for install?

Thanks
Scott

Yes, you always get a chance to install the appropriate patched versions.

I did have it available so as usual turned off sentry and kicked off the install. About 20 mins later I got an update failed message and it’s no longer visible to try again.

Currently on 2020.8.2 with HW2.5 MCU1

will pop out later to give it a reboot just in case it helps show up again

• Informative
Reactions: drewpost
upload_2020-4-7_8-35-47.png

Currently no Model 3's reporting this in UK - 7 no. S and X only but early days

• Informative
Reactions: Chalks99
I did have it available so as usual turned off sentry and kicked off the install. About 20 mins later I got an update failed message and it’s no longer visible to try again.

Currently on 2020.8.2 with HW2.5 MCU1

will pop out later to give it a reboot just in case it helps show up again
So I now have 2020.8.2 reinstalling after the failed 2020.12.5 so who knows what went wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: drewpost
I just noticed that the sentry timeline above is 10:49 long rather than multiple files of just under a minute. A more friendly approach and even better if they have improved the behaviour of the non contiguous timeline/non gapless recordings. Hopefully it is easy to scrub through the video.

I did hear that frame rate was not good though. Not sure what hardware that was on though.