Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24.6.4 software update- SiriusXM?? How??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So not to thread-hijack, as I'm still on topic, but are the only options for SiriusXM on the Model 3:
  1. Add internet streaming feature on your SiriusXM account, and use the app, with your phone to Bluetooth stream to the car?
  2. Buy a physical SiriusXM radio and mount it in your car, then transmit via Bluetooth (Commander Touch)?
I'm not trying to dispute why SiriusXM is not an option in the car, just looking for options. I have it in my wife's ICE car, and got a killer deal to come back to them ($60 for 12 months). Since we do 95% of driving in the M3, she has been asking about it.

Yup, those are the only two options, unfortunately.

So not to thread-hijack, as I'm still on topic, but are the only options for SiriusXM on the Model 3:
  1. Add internet streaming feature on your SiriusXM account, and use the app, with your phone to Bluetooth stream to the car?
  2. Buy a physical SiriusXM radio and mount it in your car, then transmit via Bluetooth (Commander Touch)?
I'm not trying to dispute why SiriusXM is not an option in the car, just looking for options. I have it in my wife's ICE car, and got a killer deal to come back to them ($60 for 12 months). Since we do 95% of driving in the M3, she has been asking about it.

There was a thread about a third option a while ago - adding a radio input interface to the antenna input of the radio module in the car, effectively adding a switchable aux jack that you can connect a dedicated siriusXM box to (or anything for that matter). A dedicated search could probably find that thread. I was/am thinking of doing it, and have even bought all the needed hardware, but need to find the actual time and inclination to proceed.

There was a thread about a third option a while ago - adding a radio input interface to the antenna input of the radio module in the car, effectively adding a switchable aux jack that you can connect a dedicated siriusXM box to (or anything for that matter). A dedicated search could probably find that thread. I was/am thinking of doing it, and have even bought all the needed hardware, but need to find the actual time and inclination to proceed.
That is essentially #2 but with a better connection.

I have 2018 Year End Model X, with the latest updates and these supposed SiriusXM updates have never appeared! So don't feel like you are missing. The current SiriusXM interface sucks!

I thought that the Sirius XM availability in Model S and Model X went away about the same time that the panoramic roof option disappeared from the Model S. It used to be a requirement in order to have XM capability in the S.

I thought that the Sirius XM availability in Model S and Model X went away about the same time that the panoramic roof option disappeared from the Model S. It used to be a requirement in order to have XM capability in the S.

Not at all - in fact, it went the other way. All S/X models since (June? 2018) have the XM antenna & tuner.

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier