Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you driven it recently? Mine was on 2020.20.12 for awhile, but haven't driven it in 2+ weeks since we're waiting for our appointment with the detailer to apply PPF film. Just now, decided to take it on a short spin and when we got back, the notification instantly appeared for the software update (2020.20.17 though, not 2020.24.6.4). Coincidence?

No, I actually have not driven it since taking delivery on June 27th and still has 19 miles on the odometer, I have a service appointment to fix the delivery issues on July 20th so I am keeping it in the garage until that time.

No, I actually have not driven it since taking delivery on June 27th and still has 19 miles on the odometer, I have a service appointment to fix the delivery issues on July 20th so I am keeping it in the garage until that time.
I think you answered your question. If your car is not being used, it will not be first or second in line for updates, more like last in line. Even if you just take it around the block once or twice a day, that might be enough to awaken it for an update. But if it is garaged and sitting idle, doubtful the update will be pushed in a hurry, not unless that update has some fix that Tesla deems very important.

• Informative
Reactions: NaiWiste
Took about a month after its release. I am now finally getting the update. Hooray!

Attachments

• IMG_0412.png
    IMG_0412.png
    1 MB · Views: 92
This must have been an urgent update. 2020.24.6.4 only installed on my car 2 days ago and didn't download without wifi. My wifi doesn't quite reach the car, so I had to make my phone a mobile hotspot). Earlier today, I got a message that 2020.24.6.5 was ready to download. I thought - cool, but instead of using my cell data, I'll try to rig up a wifi repeater tomorrow. An hour later, I got the notice that the update had installed.

It must have been a pretty urgent update that it got downloaded through the Tesla LTE.

had to be a bug fix - probably either the crash reboot I experienced on 2020.24.6.4 or the reported vampire drain.

I'm installing 2020.24.6.5 now and hoping it solves that "vampire drain". As soon as I upgraded to 24.6.4 from 20, I will have an 80% charge when I wake up, drive 2.5 miles and it will be down to 78% in an instant. Yesterday I drove about 25 miles total and it went from 80% to 64%. Definitely did not do this before the major software update.