Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I realize that a mode to close the windows when the car (optimistically) detects rain would probably require that it never goes to sleep but if the car's already in Sentry Mode, where's the excess drain? The cameras are already on, or at least on enough to detect movement. Putting in a little more processing power to detect when the windshield gets wet (okay, I hear you snickering out there...) and then proactively making sure that the windows are closed would be a nice improvement.

Obviously that would not work in situations where Sentry Mode has been turned off; like if you automatically disable it at home.

Looks liek this firmware detects the aftermarket "Boost50" mod that's been sold and flags it as "incompatible". So far, no evidence that the drivability of a car that is equipped with it is affected, but it means that Tesla knows and can deny you service and/or warranty coverage.

Tesla remote disables Boost50 acceleration mod

Anybody who was paying attention already knew the "undetectable" claim they were making was 100% nonsense.

I think an error like that will prevent future software updates from Tesla (see also the Omhu battery thread where the same thing is happening) though you can do a reset to clear it with the device unplugged I imagine to do the update then plug it back in after.

Yes I realize that a mode to close the windows when the car (optimistically) detects rain would probably require that it never goes to sleep but if the car's already in Sentry Mode, where's the excess drain? The cameras are already on, or at least on enough to detect movement. Putting in a little more processing power to detect when the windshield gets wet (okay, I hear you snickering out there...) and then proactively making sure that the windows are closed would be a nice improvement.

Obviously that would not work in situations where Sentry Mode has been turned off; like if you automatically disable it at home.
Based on the fact that auto wiper mode only works partially when you are actually driving the car, I have very little faith that the cameras would properly detect rain to close the windows before rain actually got into the car. It's a great idea, I just don't see it happening reliably based on how poorly the auto wiper feature works today.

Reactions: cstork and DrtyJrze
I think this was discussed in a thread here before, and if I remember correctly there was some question on the regulations in the US as to how this has to be implemented and whether it's allowed in all states or not.

why not? BMW has them for years. When you brake heavily extra set of brake lights are activated.
Heck I’ve seen so many annoying Fiat Chrysler products that flash their brake lights at every braking situation. It is so annoying.

Based on the fact that auto wiper mode only works partially when you are actually driving the car, I have very little faith that the cameras would properly detect rain to close the windows before rain actually got into the car. It's a great idea, I just don't see it happening reliably based on how poorly the auto wiper feature works today.
If you're using Android, you can build a Tasker routine to close the windows when it's going to rain...

Reactions: TX_M3P+