Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this update. We haven't had chance to test it.

1268BAB7-137B-48FA-A50C-932F67B01406_1_105_c.jpeg 683E2AAF-9626-4A8D-812C-41D87AE2F3B3_1_105_c.jpeg 4D8122BD-11F8-4912-9E54-36636E79E32C_1_105_c.jpeg

It's a known fact that the shortest time period on record is the amount of time between a green light and the guy behind you honking his horn. So I hope the Tesla chime is fast. :p

I'm always on my phone at a stop light reading TMC. My wife asked me how do I know when the light turns green. I tell her someone will honk and let me know. Sure enough someone honked to let me know it's green.

Thanks for posting the release notes! I'm curious if the Green Light Chime would be enable for HW 2.5 users.

I purchased FSD, but waiting for my VIN to be flagged for upgrade.

Just put in a request via the phone and ask. I did this early this year and both times they said they have HW3 in stock and I can drop off my cars. I was never flagged. I just scheduled an appt through the app. Worst thing they can do is cancel the appt.

I'm always on my phone at a stop light reading TMC. My wife asked me how do I know when the light turns green. I tell her someone will honk and let me know. Sure enough someone honked to let me know it's green.

That's my job, and I take my job seriously.

I'm a little annoyed at this beep on green thing taking my job away.

Dang you Musky. :p

Reliable source from Reddit has confirmed from their internal sources that 2020.36 is the initial rollout of the rewrite:

Deleted all my comments below as I have a feeling this will blow up. u/110110 is correct. This is an early version of the rewrite. I don’t like to speculate but I will say since this update is public release and didn’t go to early access program. Everything new is running in shadow mode. Nothing major yet. Major stuff in 1-2 months. Leaning towards 1, saying 2 to be safe.

Looks like 2020.36 also brings 3D speed limit sign visualizations as well.

98yih98kf0k51.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know how they are getting around mobileye’s patent on reading speed limit signs?
Licensing?

Licensing? I doubt it. (Unless it was really cheap.)

Doing it somehow differently? Maybe. Doing it the same and just waiting for Mobileye to sue, and then trying to get it declared invalid as an obvious solution? Most likely.