Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh-- I don't know why, but I thought Tesla used Verizon. That certainly explains the big connection strength difference between my phone and the car. One odd thing is that when I first bought the car 1.5 years ago, I did not have connection issues. Assuming that the signal strength hasn't changed and may have been weak, would more Teslas (Model 3 release) plus a weak connection cause increased problems ? Also I suppose its possible that my receiver is faulty ?

Hmm, no idea why it would have changed. I haven’t noticed a difference where I am.

Found something new after installing the update yesterday.

I haven't read anywhere about this and I haven't seen it before, so it must be from the update. Looks like they've made some changes to the charging display section. I have no idea what the little "3" in the circle means. Also the dash charging screen seems different.

charging.jpg

Found something new after installing the update yesterday.

I haven't read anywhere about this and I haven't seen it before, so it must be from the update. Looks like they've made some changes to the charging display section. I have no idea what the little "3" in the circle means. Also the dash charging screen seems different.

View attachment 506511

It means 3 phase charging. It has been there for ages.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I'm on 2020.4.1 and I noticed now on my Model S I just tap the voice button once, speak a command and it works. My S used to operate by holding down the voice button and speaking the command then letting go. That method no longer works in my car. The click, speak, click method didn't work on my car either.

I'm on 2020.4.1 and I noticed now on my Model S I just tap the voice button once, speak a command and it works. My S used to operate by holding down the voice button and speaking the command then letting go. That method no longer works in my car. The click, speak, click method didn't work on my car either.

Yes, that's the current behavior they programmed in. Click, speak then stay silent until you find out if it understood your command. Both approaches you mentioned would have been easier to use in my opinion.

well I am not on 4.1 yet in my 1 day old Model S, but last night voice commands worked perfectly...one click, say. something, and it worked.....today, nothing works...I am on 2019.35.105....should I do a reboot? I have not been notified about the new 2020.4.1 yes...I wonder if the new version will fix these issues....

The hold pressed way was the original way.
The issue here is if you need to steer: you cannot hold it. So this is actually a risk.
It was replaced a few year back by the click once to start and optionally a second time to end way. This is imho a much safer way and the second click allowed to resume other discussions in the car.
This new way that does not allow the second click to end is a step back and hopefully it is restored.

Reactions: Battpower
I'm unlucky this time; download is stuck at 92% and no amount of reset will make it progress.

I have an SC appointment scheduled for Monday morning (not related to this update, it was set up before the update was released) and will see if they can force a re-download or something.

SURPRISE!
yesterday late afternoon my phone told me that the download was completed!, I installed it immediately, and this morning went to the car to check for release notes (they are back!!!) and to perform the usual reset-after-update.
After the reset the car started downloading 2020.4.1 again! and it is now stuck at 44%!
BTW the browser is working again, and it also feels a little bit more responsive than in the past.

First big question: Does anyone know how to turn DOWN the voice reading the text messages?? It's really loud when the car is stationary.

Anyone figure this out yet? My volume is crazy loud. Also wouldn't mind muting the audio, especially if passengers are in the car. Dont want others hearing my messages.

As I sit here typing I had an idea. Maybe we control the volume with the volume buttons on phone?

Anyone figure this out yet? My volume is crazy loud. Also wouldn't mind muting the audio, especially if passengers are in the car. Dont want others hearing my messages.

As I sit here typing I had an idea. Maybe we control the volume with the volume buttons on phone?
Haven't had the occasion to try myself, but did you try to adjust volume while it was reading out loud?
Just suggesting as doing so while the nav speaks also adjust the nav volume.

well I am not on 4.1 yet in my 1 day old Model S, but last night voice commands worked perfectly...one click, say. something, and it worked.....today, nothing works...I am on 2019.35.105....should I do a reboot? I have not been notified about the new 2020.4.1 yes...I wonder if the new version will fix these issues....
MS Raven. 2020.4.1 made no difference for me. I'm pretty sure at least a large proportion of the voice command issues are caused by backend issues that could be connectivity or server load related.

Some days works fine, others nothing.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinP
I've seen a couple of comments saying regen is improved. Mine appears as bad or worse.
I still only had half the regen after 20 minutes of driving at 52f outside, and after warming up the car for 10 minutes (not plugged in). I wouldn't have considered that temp too cold for regen to work properly. 20200201_144115.jpg

I've seen a couple of comments saying regen is improved. Mine appears as bad or worse.
I still only had half the regen after 20 minutes of driving at 52f outside, and after warming up the car for 10 minutes (not plugged in). I wouldn't have considered that temp too cold for regen to work properly. View attachment 507081
It looks like you have some regen, Yes? That looks very similar to what I would expect, and it wouldn't take more than an extra 15 mins charging or pre-heating or spirited driving to bump regen beyond 50kw.

But I agree, no obvious change with 2020.4.1.

Yes, I have about 50% regen.
However, in the past couple of months in the cold weather without preheating the cabin I would usually have full regen within 20 minutes of driving, even at lower temps. With preheating the cabin for 10 minutes I would sometimes have almost full regen.

Still a small sample size and totally anecdotal, but by all appearances regen has not improved for me.