Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3. Dynamic Brake Lights - China Only
Dynamic Brake Lights (at least the 'blinking' type) are not allowed in the USA, same as so many other useful features that have been approved in EU years ago like no-glare high beam etc.

My X3 had dynamic brake lights in the sense that it switched on the internal brake lights as well when braking hard (but that hardly makes any difference in people noticing that). Re-coded that to EU style (fast blinking).

• Informative
Reactions: cleverscreenam
There is another new feature of 48.5: Dashcam USB speed and size are now evaluated, and if either the drive is deemed too small (my 32GB was) or the drive is almost full, a triangle icon appears next to the Sentry Mode icon. Specific error messages appear there.

Oh well, it was time to put a 128GB SDHC card into the USB adapter anyway...

Not sure if it is 48.5 or the colder weather, but here lately driving the same roads I always travel, the speed limit recognition has been wonky. This morning it told me 60 in a 20. And 50 in a 25. Eventually it does sync up but my drives have been short lately so I do not know if it hiccups again or all is good once it syncs up. Anybody else seeing this? I've never had this issue on previous versions.

Not sure if it is 48.5 or the colder weather, but here lately driving the same roads I always travel, the speed limit recognition has been wonky. This morning it told me 60 in a 20. And 50 in a 25. Eventually it does sync up but my drives have been short lately so I do not know if it hiccups again or all is good once it syncs up. Anybody else seeing this? I've never had this issue on previous versions.
Yes, I believe it is now worse than it was before (just after the reading of speed signs was implemented). Main problem seems to be that it reads a speed sign, shows the correct speed limit, but then you go through an intersection and the speed limit changes, only when the car doesn't see the new speed sign (e.g. car blocking the camera view of it) it does not update the displayed speed limit. It should stop overriding the map based speed limit in that case (when the map-based speed limit changes it should stop following the camera-read speed limit).

I'm sad to say this worked way better on my 2018 (and even 2015) BMW.

Yes, I believe it is now worse than it was before (just after the reading of speed signs was implemented). Main problem seems to be that it reads a speed sign, shows the correct speed limit, but then you go through an intersection and the speed limit changes, only when the car doesn't see the new speed sign (e.g. car blocking the camera view of it) it does not update the displayed speed limit. It should stop overriding the map based speed limit in that case (when the map-based speed limit changes it should stop following the camera-read speed limit).

I'm sad to say this worked way better on my 2018 (and even 2015) BMW.

Thanks. But in my case, I did not travel on any roads with speed limits of 50 or 60 MPH, so I have no idea where those speeds are coming from. No speed signs with 50 or 60 along my route, and the map should not have those speeds on the roads I was traveling. A bit dangerous because I have gotten used to the chime when going XX over the speed limit, so lucky I never got any tickets. Makes using FSD beta a little more troubling if it does not have the correct speed for that section of road.