Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta 1-month trial in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have tried it a few times around Ottawa. It is pretty cool, but needs a lot of watching.
Basic autopilot is much more relaxing.
Most trips I have to take over somewhere.
It feels like driving with a student/learner driver!!
Nice to have a try of it though!

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
I love the FSD. It navigates beautifully in the construction prone QEW (I live in the Greater Toronto Area). I love the way, it allows other cars trying to merge in to the highways. I like how, is someone does not allow it to take an exit, finds an alternate method to get around this.

On Dixie, we had to take a right but a bus was ahead of us - stopped at the bus stop. It navigated nicely around the bus and turned right.

Tesla is planning to release bi-weekly updates/enhancements. I hope they will.

I do agree $16K is a bit steep especially since it is not transferrable. I will definitely jump in if subscriptions are offered or if it is transferrable.

I have a MSLR 2023 made in December.

Reactions: Technokrat
I'm still waiting on my 2021 Model Y. Do they go by year, with the newest year first (2024, 2023, 2022, etc)?
I think it works best with HW4. Most complaints are from HW3 or earlier owners.

Mine (HW4) works perfectly except when a lane is ending (waits till the lane almost ends) and when it arrives at the navigated destination (it doesnā€™t seem to know what to do next).

I gotta be honest, I find FSD makes me nervous. I had engaged it yesterday while leaving a very open parking spot at a mall. The car started to head for the sidewalk while exiting. Now it may have been ready to "correct" itself, but I wasn't taking any chances. I also find that coming out of a red light, it accelerates way more than I do, until reaching the speed limit.

Personally, I think it need more work, but it is quite an achievement, nonetheless.

Reactions: primedive
I ended up turning off FSD and am just using EAP features now. FSD on several occasions just rips me into HOV and exit lanes without any warning. Thankfully nobody was near enough to get hit. This happened in both my Model 3 & Y. I find the left turn lane drift thing to be a common occurrence as well.
Ya, right? I get that "it has a mind of its own", but some actions seem so random.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I really hated that once you enable FSD, the regular AP and TACC will be disabled. There are times on those two-lane country roads I just want the regular AP not FSD.
Honestly the FSD is so much better than last time I tired it a year ago, especially the Self Parking, but still not worth the full price in my opinion.

Also somehow the set to Current Speed in regular AP seems broken in my car, it will only follow the Speed Limit even I choose Current Speed option. Have the car reset a couple times but still not working, hopefully the next update will fix it.