Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a GM. Chill. I have a right to my opinion.

I love the update, track mode v2 is insane! What a surprise as well. It's crazy how much better and feature packed the car gets overtime. And even tho you might not have a performance model 3, there were plenty of quality updates you've received in the past for free. V10 especially. So what's up with the moaning on a forum loool

Any thoughts as to why third party charging is only enabled in California? Maybe just to help alleviate some of the Supercharger congestion there?

They signed an agreement with EVGo to add tesla proprietary connectors at some stations

Tesla vehicles can soon be charged at EVgo charging stations in the US

Notice it mentions the rollout begins in SFO.

My guess is those are the only 3rd party stations being added- the ones with tesla plugs.

Can anyone in the SFO area confirm or not if it shows anything ELSE? I'd guess not though.

useless update unless you have a brand new car - like made this year - quit wasting my time with useless updates Tesla. I would guess that less than 5% of owners got anything of any use or value in this update.

Only new cars have bluetooth or voice commands, and only new cars are Ps?

I don't think so, Tim.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Last edited:
Reactions: jbadger and SK360
I have a GM. Chill. I have a right to my opinion.
Correct SK360 also has a right to think your opinion is idiotic. You have a right to your opinion but no right to have it unchallenged. The truth is you likely do benefit from this update in the form of bug fixes, fixes to the autopilot Neural Net training, etc. Just because it's not a flagship update with flashy features doesn't mean they're not going to or "shouldn't" push an update.

useless update unless you have a brand new car - like made this year - quit wasting my time with useless updates Tesla. I would guess that less than 5% of owners got anything of any use or value in this update.

You picked the wrong car if you don't like updates. I tell people that Tesla is first and foremost a technology company that happens to make cars -- as opposed to the "other guys" who make cars and seem to dabble in the technology. So your Tesla is riddled with tech that always needs updates. I don't care if my IOS constantly gets updates that say "bug fixes and performance enhancements" -- I enjoy each and every one of them. It's not like it really impacts me.

But to be specifically topical, usually about 20% of any given update has something directly useful to me. The bluetooth enhancements to this update in particular are great -- I can't count how many times I'm transitioning to my car while on a phone call and having the car pick up the call while I'm entering and everyone on the call gets all the door slamming, beeping, etc of passenger entry. Now with this update the transition should be a lot more smooth. Lovely and highly useful.

Hell even the exFat improvements are useful to me. It's been a long time since I looked at my USB SSD that was partitioned for both sentry and music storage... "it just works".

But you sound like you need to lighten up a bit. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that .... but I bet that this forum would attest that nearly all updates have something useful.

I would take weekly regular updates even if they did nothing but generally improve the autonomy, and nothing else, and that's usually what is included in the "general bug fixes".

Reactions: coconutboy84
They signed an agreement with EVGo to add tesla proprietary connectors at some stations

Tesla vehicles can soon be charged at EVgo charging stations in the US

Notice it mentions the rollout begins in SFO.

My guess is those are the only 3rd party stations being added- the ones with tesla plugs.

Can anyone in the SFO area confirm or not if it shows anything ELSE? I'd guess not though.
Well, the screen shot on page 2 of this thread shows some non-EVgo chargers with lower power at hotels. Those are presumably either destination charging (Tesla plugs) or J-1772. So that’s nice.