Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’ve probably tried this, but in many child seats there’s a button that allows you to extend/reduce the reach of the isofix connector.
Yep, fully extended them out which I do need to do on my other car (Kia Sportage) and it connects OK. Extend the Isofix and try and connect to the M3 and just can't seem to get it to reach.
Not too fussed, kids will have to stay in the other car and not make my Tesla seats messy hahaha

• Funny
Reactions: Cloggie
Hi everyone,

It has been such a hectic week, but I picked up my SR+ from Birmingham last Monday 23rd. One piece of advice I have is to get there early for your appointment if you can. I was there due to train times 40 mins early and there was no queue, no waiting around and could spend as much time as I liked looking over my car.
Only issue I found was one of the rear light clusters was slightly out of alignment but not so much that I want to book an appointment to get it looked at, I'm happy enough to live with it. So all in all a great pickup and experience.
There are Superchargers active at the Birmingham St Andrews site now, and the car was also sat connected to a standard Tesla Wallcharger when I picked it up so it was sitting nicely at 88% charged.
I have found that 1 of my kids car seats won't fit and 1 will so I'm currently swapping seats around between this and my other car which is a bit of a pain.
All in all been really pleased, and if anyone has any questions about collections or the refresh model, just let me know.
Thanks
Steve

View attachment 613123 View attachment 613124

Hey Steve, I'm picking mine up from Birmingham on Thursday. Very exciting times. What bits did they provide you on the day? Just type 2 cable and mud flaps?

Hey Steve, I'm picking mine up from Birmingham on Thursday. Very exciting times. What bits did they provide you on the day? Just type 2 cable and mud flaps?
No mud flaps as I have an SR+ and I believe you don't get those on that model? I wasn't overly fussed about them though.
You get the type 2 cable, and Mobile Connector. Check you have both in the boot.
First Aid kit and warning triangle was in the front boot.
upload_2020-12-1_14-22-1.png

No mud flaps as I have an SR+ and I believe you don't get those on that model? I wasn't overly fussed about them though.
You get the type 2 cable, and Mobile Connector. Check you have both in the boot.
First Aid kit and warning triangle was in the front boot.
View attachment 613434

I got mudflaps in the boot on mine when I collected today? Also an SR+, in fact our cars are identical. If you were bothered about having them maybe raise with Tesla, I'm sure they'd send you some out.

Seeing a few more reports, including a review car, of failed repeater cameras.

Do we know exactly what stops working with one failed camera. FSD/Autopilot presumably wont work, but does normal TACC without autosteer work at all? Just wondering if I'm offered one should I take it and wait, or reject.

Moderator comment - post moved - quoted post deleted due to cross posting

98dizzard said:
Yes, I've heard people being asked if they want to collect or not due to the fault, and that replacements are due mid December some time. Do we know exactly what stops working with one failed camera. FSD/Autopilot presumably wont work, but does normal TACC without autosteer work at all? Just wondering if I'm offered one should I take it and wait, or reject.

I don't see why 'normal TACC' should be affected as it works fine on my MS which doesn't have side cameras, autosteer also is very good on my car too, again without the benefit of side cameras.

That said, it may be that my car has side facing sensors which the M3 doesn't, relying instead on the side cameras?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, fully extended them out which I do need to do on my other car (Kia Sportage) and it connects OK. Extend the Isofix and try and connect to the M3 and just can't seem to get it to reach.
Not too fussed, kids will have to stay in the other car and not make my Tesla seats messy hahaha

Just take your favourite kid then and leave the other one at home.

Seeing a few more reports, including a review car, of failed repeater cameras.

Do we know exactly what stops working with one failed camera. FSD/Autopilot presumably wont work, but does normal TACC without autosteer work at all? Just wondering if I'm offered one should I take it and wait, or reject.

Given what camera has failed, its going to depend when it failed. If it failed before calibration, then Autopilot and FSD will be non functional. If it failed after calibration, then I suspect autopilot will be fine except for a non functional blind spot detection and a warning message, but the NoA feature on FSD will be unavailable, in the same way that it is unavailable in bad weather - the side repeater cameras are used for lane change and blind spot detection.

I cannot answer for TACC, but suspect its the same as for Autopilot.

As for rejecting a car because of it. Personally, its an easy fix by ranger/mobile so there are no concerns there apart from maybe how long to get a visit. If you reject, apart from delaying getting the new car, there is no guarantee that the replacement will be any better.

Can you pull the camera feed up without autopilot, does it show when reversing? Just wondering how I can check this easily when I get the car delivered.
It displays automatically when reversing.

You can access it when not in reverse by clicking on the circular camera icon that displays underneath the image of the car on the display. That will show the reverse camera. If you can't see the side cameras, click or drag on the triangle in the bottom of the frame.

• Helpful
Reactions: Killer_Catz
Given what camera has failed, its going to depend when it failed. If it failed before calibration, then Autopilot and FSD will be non functional. If it failed after calibration, then I suspect autopilot will be fine except for a non functional blind spot detection and a warning message, but the NoA feature on FSD will be unavailable, in the same way that it is unavailable in bad weather - the side repeater cameras are used for lane change and blind spot detection.

I cannot answer for TACC, but suspect its the same as for Autopilot.

I suppose my concern I'm expecting to go on a long(ish) journey over a number of days. Considering the absence of standard cruise control system or speed limiting on the 3. I would rather do this journey in my trade in vehicle if the model 3 has no functioning cruise control/tacc as a result of the fault. Unfortunately it seem I wouldn't know until the calibration were to complete, if it completes based on the fault. I understand it's an easy fix, and if it wasn't for the long journey I would be happy to wait a week or two for a ranger to fix it.

Edit: ledzep has confirmed the TACC and autopilot appear to still work with the fault, which alays my concerns. Thanks!

I suppose my concern I'm expecting to go on a long(ish) journey over a number of days. Considering the absence of standard cruise control system or speed limiting on the 3. I would rather do this journey in my trade in vehicle if the model 3 has no functioning cruise control/tacc as a result of the fault. Unfortunately it seem I wouldn't know until the calibration were to complete, if it completes based on the fault. I understand it's an easy fix, and if it wasn't for the long journey I would be happy to wait a week or two for a ranger to fix it.

Edit: ledzep has confirmed the TACC and autopilot appear to still work with the fault, which alays my concerns. Thanks!

Yes had the fault since took delivery and hasn't affect either, have still been able to use both. being fixed by a ranger in about 2 wks.