Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DaveyP - jealous just a bit - hope you love it when it arrives

have you had to pay anything extra for home delivery, only asking as my collection is booked for a centre 100+ miles from home which has now got Scottish travel restrictions in place so I don't even know if my date is possible
Danny Dog - mine was a lease through Lex so I think they always factor in home delivery, I didn’t ask for it. Car so-far is fault less, cannot see anything amiss. Turned up on a low-bed truck, 5 mins to unload, quick signature on his app and the he was gone. Sent my delivery declaration and am just waiting for the app to fire into life. Great experience so far with Nationwide Vehicles, Lex and Tesla-not that joined up comms but no problem in the scheme of things. Car had 56% charge and 6 miles on the odometer. Super pleased to join the Tesla club.

Is there any way I can find out the exact build date?

Not that anyone in the UK has ever said, and I tried looking. Seems like other countries do have this info.

An approx manufacturer date clue may be in the delivered software version though. 2020.32 was around end Aug and 2020.36 was around early Sep so if you got 2020.35 then possibly around those dates.

• Helpful
Reactions: Irata
The vin sticker that's inside the passenger door, next to the sticker with tyre and loading information... Mine does not show a build date? It has vin, some other sequence of characters that doesn't look anything like a date and a QR code.

Is there any way I can find out the exact build date?
Check Tesla vin for factory manufactured date

This provides an approximation based on the known dates the cars in your vin range left the factory.

Enter the last 6 digits of the vin and select your model number.

• Helpful
Reactions: Irata
Picked up the new M3 today and very pleased with the car, had a couple small delivery issues that they have booked a mobile ranger to resolve in a couple of weeks but they are minor issues.

Came with version 2020.35 so hopefully a update will be ready soon to bring it up to latest. Lights performance was better than expected driving home the only slight thing is the auto wipers with fine rain is a little slow but will have to do some homework if any sensitivity settings that I’m missing.

Will post a back window pic tomorrow if not one already on here to help.

Danny Dog - mine was a lease through Lex so I think they always factor in home delivery, I didn’t ask for it. Car so-far is fault less, cannot see anything amiss. Turned up on a low-bed truck, 5 mins to unload, quick signature on his app and the he was gone. Sent my delivery declaration and am just waiting for the app to fire into life. Great experience so far with Nationwide Vehicles, Lex and Tesla-not that joined up comms but no problem in the scheme of things. Car had 56% charge and 6 miles on the odometer. Super pleased to join the Tesla club.

Hi Davey, just curious, how long was the wait time for the text notification once you received your order confirmed email?

I can confirm, yes, that's exactly how they look.
That's really interesting, thanks for confirming.

So there are now potentially 3 designs of glass roof in the UK (orange reflective magic/old style heating element/new style).

A few owners had issues with the heating element coming away from the rear glass so good on Tesla for revising this.

Picked up my Model 3 Long Range 2021 yesterday from Thorpe Park.

Crazy how fast the process was. I arrived 40 minutes early for 2pm appointment and was seen straight away. Within 10 minutes and swiping a signature on his iPhone he was pointing me to the car, keys inside waiting.

45% charge
2020.44.10.1 software

The app started working last night, didn't get notified about it.

Only issue I have is the passenger side cameras aren't working. Opening the door with key card on the passenger side doesn't work (and causes a Sentry mode event), so that camera must not be working?

Also the lower camera doesn't show when I swipe up on the display, it just remains spinning. I think I've seen this issue in the forums. Best I report this to Tesla straight away or try a full reset and hope for the best?

Well that resolves that then

It's all software controlled so you just have to join the thousands of owners who are trying to telepathically influence Tesla to add such things as auto wiper sensitivity in an upcoming software update. The auto wipers have improved significantly over the past year actually. I only rarely have to intervene now ... except in full darkness ... hmm ...

It's been raining much of the time since collecting my car. I have found the auto wipers good, better than my previous car that had a dedicated sensor for it. I was constantly altering the sensitivity of the wipers on my last car, so much so I may as well just used manual.

I have needed to use the one push on the stalk to wipe very occasionally, but that's all.

Also... With all the rain, no water has leaked into the boot at all with the new design upon opening a boot covered in water and in heavy rain. I do see the drainage holes in the upper rubber seal (as was reported), but most of the water just flows around and down rather than through the holes.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Have you driven it in the rain in the dark on roads without street lamps?

Yes, I've only done unlit country roads when it's dark so far. Unfortunately, I haven't tried on lit roads at night yet.

When it's fine rain, I did need to push the manual once wipe occasionally. But I then found it took over from there.

The new headlights work really well, i am not sure if that helps.

Only issue I have is the passenger side cameras aren't working. Opening the door with key card on the passenger side doesn't work (and causes a Sentry mode event), so that camera must not be working?

Also the lower camera doesn't show when I swipe up on the display, it just remains spinning. I think I've seen this issue in the forums. Best I report this to Tesla straight away or try a full reset and hope for the best?
Yes I posted about having the same issue, I've booked it on the app and have a service Center appointment Monday morning at 9am, picked the car up Thursday!