Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN starts with 5YJ3F7EC and then 582### so I don't know if that number really means anything. Could be on the Morning Cara after all but I'm just following the Captain and as Mr M says anything sooner is a nice surprise.
Yh that’s a good approach. The last few days/weeks are the worst as you really feel like counting down the minutes.. I’m going insane :confused::confused::rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Danb_Cym
Glovis Captain is still on its way to the DR. Seems to be sticking between 15.9 and 16.2kn, looks like it’s making good progress for its ETA of 15/03, hopefully it speeds up a little like Brooklands did once its past the DR.
56087839-6161-4D5D-B448-C4F1F6E1F700.jpeg

My day has nearly come, my ship has come in (Grand Mark) !! I am due to collect Ice-free tomorrow from Dartford @ 10.30 No txt from Tesla but confirmation from Nat Vehicle Contracts. Check list at the ready, sunshine booked, can only hope Leaseplan have settled the tab or they will have one very p***ed off customer. I will say it again I have enjoyed the frustrating vehicle / ship following saga run by Mr.M and supported by many, its kept me occupied for the last 4.5 months what a strange journey.Thanks again Mr.M for your tireless work / input into this group and your great sense of humour. I have had a word with a producer friend of mine who will be in touch with you to get the rights to make a film on the "Tesla shipping saga" I am sure it will be a box office hit ! Anyway I will pop back from time to time to make sure things are in order.
Excited Barry from a not so sunny Whitstable.

Mr M... is it normal for ships to slow down as they get closer to Zee in the canal?
Vessel finder shows Morning Cara’s speed slow down to a whopping 14 kn!
Although ETA moved from 10pm to 9pm tonight...

No. As I said last night she's early and so is taking it easy.
It will avoid pitching up at the port too early and having to hang around until they are ready to receive her.
Saves fuel too. :)

Reactions: Blueskye
I wonder... I was told a few weeks ago that my Model S came in on Iowa which docked 3rd Week in Feb and I heard again last week that my car was still in Zeebrugge. How it gets to the UK and when I don't know. I'm told delivery last week of March likely.

I am certain you will get delivery in March and to say 'the last week of' is a pretty safe bet. This whole thread is a result of poor communication by Tesla. You order your car and then you hear nothing for weeks or even months on end and when you do enquire you are told 'We'll be in touch in due course". The VIN allocation has spurned an industry in apps that check for the treasure that is the hidden VIN. It's crazy! And then you have those who follow ships! Now that is lunacy!

I am certain you will get delivery in March and to say 'the last week of' is a pretty safe bet. This whole thread is a result of poor communication by Tesla. You order your car and then you hear nothing for weeks or even months on end and when you do enquire you are told 'We'll be in touch in due course". The VIN allocation has spurned an industry in apps that check for the treasure that is the hidden VIN. It's crazy! And then you have those who follow ships! Now that is lunacy!

Yes some sort of live update system would save them countless phone calls and simplify things for Leasing companies who are probably tortured by customers wanting detail. You'd think of all manufacturers Tesla would be well placed to come up with a very cool tracking process that would entertain their customers with some tech for the time it takes between order to delivery! Thanks Mr M!

Reactions: Blueskye
I've just been having a look at poor old ASIAN KING.
She is still getting bashed about in heavy seas and at her present rate will be lucky to be in Zeebruge on the 8 Mar.
Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 11.47.41.png

At 06:00 she still had 1352nm to run and I'm hoping that the high pressure that's building to the south will push north. The trouble with that is that it will still take a while for the seas to settle and it will now introduce a headwind component as well. You just can't win.