Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-3-10_8-37-18.png

Reactions: Harv3y
With MORNING CARA safely alongside 104 and unloading, eyes will now turn to ASIAN KING and when we can expect her.
She is currently due in to Southampton at 20:30 on Thu 12 Mar.
However, ahead of her are 2 ships the RCC SHANGHAI and the GRANDE MEDITERRANEO.
Both these ships will be delayed because MORNING CARA is not due to leave 104 until 23:00 tonight.
The planners have clearly factored in the anticipated delays and scheduled ASIAN KING's arrival to allow her dock without delay.
That is of course if everything on the 3 ships ahead of her runs smoothly as planned.
What could possibly go wrong?

Meanwhile, out in the North Atlantic the GLOVIS CAPTAIN has, as predicted, encountered some heavy weather and as a result has had to reduce speed to 14kts.
This is a little annoying quite frankly as it wasn't as if this weather wasn't forecast. I seem to recall when the GLOVIS CAPTAIN entered the Atlantic saying that she needed a very small correction to her course so that she tracked a little further east to avoid this weather.
Indeed even yesterday I was expecting to see a change of course as it became obvious what she was heading into, but no, she just blindly maintained her heading.

Her ETA remains 15 Mar

Last edited:
I'm pleased to see the MORNING CARA has finally arrived in Southampton, but also a little sad that my days of tracking her across the oceans is over :( Many thanks to Mr Miserable and all the others that have made this such a great thread and have made up for the complete lack of communications from Tesla :rolleyes:

View attachment 520189
I could not agree more! I will miss this thread. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: Blueskye and Mark-R
I'm pleased to see the MORNING CARA has finally arrived in Southampton, but also a little sad that my days of tracking her across the oceans is over :( Many thanks to Mr Miserable and all the others that have made this such a great thread and have made up for the complete lack of communications from Tesla :rolleyes:

View attachment 520189

me three!!!
I will probably watch the thread from the creek of my model 3!!!
Will miss the ship stalking... ;)

Also... are those our M3s that I see rolling away in white from the ship? ( in the picture) :rolleyes:

Come on Asian King - I've just received my Reg. Num. from Tesla for my car... Just need the car!!!! 18th March (Solihull) ;-)

Good for you pacs!! I've been tracking this thread ever since I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD in NL. My car is also on Asian King, but the earliest appointment I could get to pick up the car was March 24th from Amsterdam. That's quite a long, painful wait looking at you folks in the UK getting deliveries earlier than NL while it should have ideally been the other way round. Nonetheless, super happy for everyone collecting their cars soon and I'll be looking forward to reading about your experiences very soon!

Mr. M, huge thanks to you for setting up this thread. This is my first car buying experience ever and you made it that much more interesting for me!

Reactions: pacs