Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 SR+ Foglights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s weird for new lights to not work. Do you have a SR+? Did they give you ones that maybe don’t have those lights enabled?
I have a LR PuP. OE lights still on the car work fine and everything lights up.

Replacement E revisions Tesla sold me which appeared to be correct, have the fogs, etc - do not light up the amber position/marker or white DRL strip. The Tesla new parts were expensive @ $300 or so a pop. Bought them before I had the car (for anticipated project work).

Replacement E revisions (salvaged) I got off Ebay only light up the amber position/marker and but no DRL strips.

Fast foward to Mar-2020, I see some F and now even G revisions in the wild.
But might try one last time with 'vintage' C revision pair that appears to fully work.

The fogs have fairly complex looking circuity inside considering all the lights work with with simple 12V and ground, kind of wonder if they just need supplied power for awhile to reset something or learn power

I noticed from your pic you posted earlier of one taken apart that the fogs look more complex than I would have thought. I’m considering if I should just buy another C version fog for the passenger as the ones listed that are E are few and either over priced or have a bunch of broken tabs. The seller refunded me for the one that wouldn’t light up. I’m hoping it was just a dud.

I’ll shoot for another clean C version and cross my fingers

Yeah C versions appear best, especially since they almost always predate the lower trim blank fog and missing DRL strip duds.

There are also F and G revisions floating around now but I bet the actual part numbers prefixing the revision are more complicated now with all the trim and destination market differences. Without very good photos of the plugs, back and inside of housings, its very easy to purchase a dud.

Yeah C versions appear best, especially since they almost always predate the lower trim blank fog and missing DRL strip duds.

There are also F and G revisions floating around now but I bet the actual part numbers prefixing the revision are more complicated now with all the trim and destination market differences. Without very good photos of the plugs, back and inside of housings, its very easy to purchase a dud.

I’ll get another C version. The E I have for the drivers side works and the the accent light comes on with the side marker light.

Reactions: Perscitus
Man the price are pretty high for these lights on eBay, and kinda interesting not nearly as many right hand side lights for sale than left...

I found out CDM Model 3 SR+s don't even have yellow parking light or clear outer lens, it's just a piece of black plastic trim in its place. Which means in the near future we'll start seeing aftermarket lights.
v2-3533df4ebc743f65006f02a8ca9aed01_r.jpg

Interesting... add that to the non-USDM default (no amber COB LED position/side marker board or reflector) of the assemblies.

Very similar to how the prototype assemblies looked back in 2016.

They of course come in w/wo fog flavors and are installed on APAC, EMEA markets cars.

So long as its got the right part number for the features you need (see above posts) and is a A B C D E F G revision, yup it will.

-Fogs vs dummy fogs
-DRL strip vs none
-Position lights and amber reflector vs none
-Complete blank vs actual assembly

Make sure the connectors are good (no broken or bent pins, etc) and there are enough tabs to allow you to secure it (3x with screws, 2 of the clear top ones)

I bought 91 & 92 Rev E a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to install yet. Hopefully this weekend. I was feeling confident, but I see in the last week new questions have arose over some not working.

Has anyone tried cutting the middle wire so 12V is not fed back to the factory fog relay (if there is such a thing) and connecting up the middle pin on the fog light housing to the amber/DLR pin? LEDs draw very little current, so I'm wondering if we really need a separate relay (which obviously is the safest approach).

@Idkorcare, received the C revision 391/392s.

Have them wired up on the bench. Fog turn on, position/side marker turns on, DRL strip stays off on both sides. 12Vs, tried 3-8amps. What am I doing wrong?

Can you type out a wiring diagram (to the socket) please to power everything up?!

plug.jpg

FWIW I tried hooking mine up every way possible and can not duplicate what you have going on.
12V to ground and ground to either of the other 2 and it shorts
12V to Fog and ground to Accent and the fogs light up
12V to Accent and ground to Fog and the Accent marker light up

Multimeter shows that the each whole fog and marker assembly draws just over 1 amp each (.6ish amp for the fog and .3ish for the accent marker)