Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 SR+ Foglights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, which of the two would be a good decision to buy? The one with the numbers on the paper has the clear mounting clip broken but otherwise looks good, and the other has as a major clip broken. I’m just trying to figure out if I should go for either of these. Thanks

Attachments

• C902503E-B242-49CC-B257-83D04626B097.jpeg
    C902503E-B242-49CC-B257-83D04626B097.jpeg
    860.2 KB · Views: 847
  • 4A5FFF51-C49D-47CE-AD68-BB9D42FCA9E1.jpeg
    4A5FFF51-C49D-47CE-AD68-BB9D42FCA9E1.jpeg
    574.6 KB · Views: 810
The blue splice connector in this picture is too big, so I ended up using a butt-connector. They make several different styles.
But the end goal:
- Don't touch the black wire ... this is the ground.
- Cut the middle wire (blue in this image) ... this is the fog light.
- Splice the middle wire (blue) on the fog light connector side into the wire on the end (purple in this pic).
- The middle wire (blue) going back to the car should not be connected to anything.

Again there are many different splice connectors out there or you can just cut both and spliced them with a butt connector.

Again ... the middle wire going back to the car should not be connected to anything.

Also the wires on the other side were different colors. Black was still ground, but there was an orange wire on the right side.

upload_2020-4-12_12-36-16.png

Reactions: Aye_itscarmen
Finally had some time to install the amber-delete, satin black painted assemblies.
No more amber reflector, no more amber LEDs, just a pure white DRL strip and/or fogs (when on). Loving the stock, standard EMEA/APAC markets look.
IMG-783789dd3750aa10df717fb1b98fa7b7-V.jpg IMG-2adf2d7cb6dc6b235b3353c1327d22de-V.jpg IMG-f1bb24701ac7ba5f6120afc7558daae7-V.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-2adf2d7cb6dc6b235b3353c1327d22de-V.jpg
    IMG-2adf2d7cb6dc6b235b3353c1327d22de-V.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG-f1bb24701ac7ba5f6120afc7558daae7-V.jpg
    IMG-f1bb24701ac7ba5f6120afc7558daae7-V.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 766
Finally had some time to install the amber-delete, satin black painted assemblies.
No more amber reflector, no more amber LEDs, just a pure white DRL strip and/or fogs (when on). Loving the stock, standard EMEA/APAC markets look.
View attachment 535821 View attachment 535825 View attachment 535829

The amber delete looks great! We also offer clear sidemarker replacements to replace the ugly amber pieces :)
If anyone is interested feel free to PM. We have a few in stock and would be a perfect addition to this project.

This is the best and easiest way to do this swap. There is no need to run additional wiring and a relay to feed off the constant 12v.
The circuit that is used to power on the sidemarker is a shared circuit with the accent light. Tapping the power wire for the fog lights onto here will make it work with 0 issues.

Attachments

• IMG_5034.JPG
    IMG_5034.JPG
    427.5 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_5090.jpg
    IMG_5090.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_5091.jpg
    IMG_5091.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_5150.jpg
    IMG_5150.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_5230.JPG
    IMG_5230.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:
Some people in different Tesla groups are reporting that their recent 2020 Model 3 SR+ builds have the fog light assemblies in the bumper, but software is disabled on the screen. Does anyone have a SR+ that they've recently picked up in the past week or two that can confirm this?

I should be getting my car later this month and will confirm it on my car, but I'm wondering if Tesla went back to putting in the full fog light assemblies and will later offer an ala-cart upgrade to enable the fog lights, just like what they did with the rear heated seats. That would be nice if they do.

I've just dropped in my SR+ for a paint correction issue I spotted when picking up in March. I was told they were going to do a fog light retro fit for me too. I've barely had chance to drive the car since lock-down but I wasn't even aware I didn't have fog lights installed ‍♂️ But in response to your question, it would appear they're now offering this...

Some people in different Tesla groups are reporting that their recent 2020 Model 3 SR+ builds have the fog light assemblies in the bumper, but software is disabled on the screen. Does anyone have a SR+ that they've recently picked up in the past week or two that can confirm this?

I should be getting my car later this month and will confirm it on my car, but I'm wondering if Tesla went back to putting in the full fog light assemblies and will later offer an ala-cart upgrade to enable the fog lights, just like what they did with the rear heated seats. That would be nice if they do.

I've just dropped in my SR+ for paint corrected issue I spotted when picking up in March. I was told at drop-off that they're going to retrofit foglights for me. I've barely driven the car given the lockdown but I wasn't even aware I didn't have fogs. But to answer your question, yes they appear to be offering this now...

Reactions: drdumont
I've just dropped in my SR+ for paint corrected issue I spotted when picking up in March. I was told at drop-off that they're going to retrofit foglights for me. I've barely driven the car given the lockdown but I wasn't even aware I didn't have fogs. But to answer your question, yes they appear to be offering this now...

I wonder if this is only offered in the UK?
I was just in for service 2 months ago and they would not do it here in the US.

Maybe its something new. Good to hear you could get it done.

they have the same software limited functionality and up to the fog they are wired the same, the amber marker and white accent light are on the same circuit. The whole fog assemble works off 3 wires(ground, 12volt power for just the fog, and 12volt power for the marker and accent light).
A question if I might... Do you access the fog light assemblies to remove/replace simply by removing the panel in the wheel well? I have some furlough time coming up and have another project in mind, just haven't had the intestinal fortitude to start spelunking in the innards of the MOdel 3s.
Thanks in advance!

Have they quoted you a price for this? I'm pretty miffed that they really glossed over the deletion of the fog lights and the interior lights. I've been back over my notes and saved screens when I was convincing myself to buy, and damned if I didn't miss that little tidbit.