Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 vs. 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People wanted the car to be cheaper. Making standard things optional is the easiest way to do it.

I understand that concept, but there is a fine line between removing things that maintain enough proper utility and value. If there is no trunk cavity lid cover, you can't put things in the cavity and then stuff above as it's own shelf. Also, you're saying the lid is an option you can select?

I understand that concept, but there is a fine line between removing things that maintain enough proper utility and value. If there is no trunk cavity lid cover, you can't put things in the cavity and then stuff above as it's own shelf. Also, you're saying the lid is an option you can select?
There was never a standard trunk mat, just the lid for the storage well. I have not seen anything about the lid being omitted nor is it listed as an accessory on the Tesla Store.

Reactions: SammichLover
Yeah, I think the "trunk mat" is an error in that otherwise rather exhaustive list. My mid-18 didn't have one and I have no recollection of "surprise, we're removing this". The only "missing" thing on mine that I recall is the change of rear window that turns ochre when wet like the roof glass, and the toy car. Don't care about the later but wish I'd gotten the former.

P.S. Not sure what "driver dead pedal" means?

Reactions: MagnusMako
Yeah, I think the "trunk mat" is an error in that otherwise rather exhaustive list. My mid-18 didn't have one and I have no recollection of "surprise, we're removing this". The only "missing" thing on mine that I recall is the change of rear window that turns ochre when wet like the roof glass, and the toy car. Don't care about the later but wish I'd gotten the former.

P.S. Not sure what "driver dead pedal" means?

In older model 3s there's a dead pedal- basically a foot rest kinda thing, on the left driver footwell area

Pic here

https://i0.wp.com/electrek.co/wp-co...oor-Mats-Dead-Pedal.jpg?resize=1000,563&ssl=1

• Informative
Reactions: SammichLover
There was never a standard trunk mat, just the lid for the storage well. I have not seen anything about the lid being omitted nor is it listed as an accessory on the Tesla Store.

Nor was there ever a need for a trunk mat. The trunk has a felt floor liner which acts as the carpet and then the lid - I don't know why you would need a mat on top of that as a standard feature. No car I've ever owned came with a mat in the trunk.

Yeah, I think the "trunk mat" is an error in that otherwise rather exhaustive list. My mid-18 didn't have one and I have no recollection of "surprise, we're removing this".

Thanks - that's what I figured.