Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know if they offer you any resolution
No solution offered. Just reboot the screen for now. Suggest making a service appointment, but it really is an issue with the software and not the car. I also discussed a mapping issue I have. My home address is wrong in the Tesla navigation, but correct in Google Maps and Apple Maps. I was told I am running the latest map software too.

Still waiting for an update. I am hoping it will fix the Spotify issue. As far as the mapping issue, I think that is a google mapping issue and since map data in the car isn't updated in realtime, it might be a year out before any changes happen on that issue.

No solution offered. Just reboot the screen for now. Suggest making a service appointment, but it really is an issue with the software and not the car. I also discussed a mapping issue I have. My home address is wrong in the Tesla navigation, but correct in Google Maps and Apple Maps. I was told I am running the latest map software too.

Still waiting for an update. I am hoping it will fix the Spotify issue. As far as the mapping issue, I think that is a google mapping issue and since map data in the car isn't updated in realtime, it might be a year out before any changes happen on that issue.
What worked for me was deleting my home address, then holding down on the map where your home actually is. That will give you an address and you can input that as your home (even if it's the wrong one) and it'll navigate you correctly.

Same advice they offered others and service messaged apparently saying it’s running the latest software to some others on this build. These vehicles are 2 builds behind the main branch, but the main branch is also having emergency braking issues so vehicles are being rolled back to the previous build.

Since the .103 & .104 builds have been islanded along with the recent announcement of switching to LFP batteries for short range vehicles, it leads me to believe that these vehicles are sending data back to Tesla for their future builds. Due to this, they may not update these vehicles to Main Branch Build until they have a few thousand of them driving around sending data on the new hardware components and how they operate in different situations/environments. It sucks, but it seems like this is the case here.

Those paying for subscription can cancel and sign up at any time, those of you paying 10k for the feature may find it useless on city streets for quite some time.

Again, just my 2 cente

Oddly enough, only AP HW 3.0 vehicles downloading the 2021.36.5.3 update. Probably a difference in HW coding caused the emergency braking problem
I really wonder about whether they used different chips in some vehicles and the porting is more difficult than expected. Does anyone know how to determine which chips should be (or used to be) used?

Same advice they offered others and service messaged apparently saying it’s running the latest software to some others on this build. These vehicles are 2 builds behind the main branch, but the main branch is also having emergency braking issues so vehicles are being rolled back to the previous build.

Since the .103 & .104 builds have been islanded along with the recent announcement of switching to LFP batteries for short range vehicles, it leads me to believe that these vehicles are sending data back to Tesla for their future builds. Due to this, they may not update these vehicles to Main Branch Build until they have a few thousand of them driving around sending data on the new hardware components and how they operate in different situations/environments. It sucks, but it seems like this is the case here.

Those paying for subscription can cancel and sign up at any time, those of you paying 10k for the feature may find it useless on city streets for quite some time.

Again, just my 2 cente
I will be happy when I don't have to reboot my center screen to play Spotify. I am sure Tesla would like to roll out updates faster to their customers, but there likely a good reason for the delay. I asked the customer service person if you can safely reboot the screen while driving. Was told you can reboot it, just not advisable. When I last rebooted my screen I was driving and it didn't impact the car, just the screen. Hopefully I won't have to continue doing this every time I leave my house to listen to music.

I will be happy when I don't have to reboot my center screen to play Spotify. I am sure Tesla would like to roll out updates faster to their customers, but there likely a good reason for the delay. I asked the customer service person if you can safely reboot the screen while driving. Was told you can reboot it, just not advisable. When I last rebooted my screen I was driving and it didn't impact the car, just the screen. Hopefully I won't have to continue doing this every time I leave my house to listen to music.
I have also seen the Spotify issue when leaving the house (switching from WiFi to LTE). Usually just switching to Slacker (Streaming) and back will fix it within 2-3 minutes. Never had to actually issue a reboot.

9/16 MYLR delivery with 11.103 here, and no updates pending of course.

With how Tesla pivoted to try and still pump cars out despite part shortages, they're probably using different processors and modules for some of the builds. That could be why there is different development forks.

But yeah mine definitely doesn't have Disney+ and Car Wash mode.
My head hurts thinking how complicated all forks and merges must get.