Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 heated steering wheel Discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend with the Y heated wheel sent me this. Looks like the MY works fine via app.

Attachments

• 146778168_245322517094369_7279747948680282965_n.jpg
    146778168_245322517094369_7279747948680282965_n.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Arpe and TBrownTX
Hi All. First post here. I got a M3 SR+ delivered in mid-Nov 2020 (built Nov 4). It is the 2021 version (no chrome and different centre console). Does anyone know if all 2021 vin M3's have the heated steering wheel (but just not enabled yet)? I'm in Western Canada and it does get cold at times (going down to -10c this week). Thanks
Got you beat neighbour...a week of negative 35 or lower just set in...brrr

Why is everyone in this thread so focused on the steering wheel heat?

Dude got 456 sentry mode events in his first 4 days of ownership and we're all like, yeah, that's the 808 for ya.

View attachment 635486
Stupid sentry mode picks up every event (car sits outside and faces the street). I have it set to NOT record events (at home and favorites) but it decides to record every car, squirrel, raccoon, cat, neighbor that just happens to walk by. :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: dhanson865
Those masked raccoons can do a lot of damage. Count your blessings.

Any chance you could face the car the other way and not have to disable Sentry?
Not a big deal. I just disabled sentry… My charging cord is not long enough to reach the charge port if I turn the car around. :(
I’ve got a couple of ring cams also. Not really worried about someone coming up to the car and doing damage (you never know though). Unfortunately, that’s what insurance is for.

My friend with the Y heated wheel sent me this. Looks like the MY works fine via app.
Sooo. I just played with the app again. And, I figured out how to turn on the heated steering wheel. My mistake- I didn't know you had to actually "turn on climate" to be able to access the heated seats/wheel. The pic that you shared is exactly the same as mine.

I don't think you can "force" an update, can you?
I clicked the "advanced" train... but nothing. Been about 5 days now.

Not sure if anyone has already answered this as I am not at the end of the thread yet, but yes, they can eventually force you to update firmware.

its also very common for new teslas to be on a "factory" software branch that isnt available to the public that only those cars have, until they get merged with the main car populace.

That part is all normal. Since this appears to be a new thing (heated steering wheel), its possible that the OP of this thread could end up staying on that software branch for a bit longer than new cars tend to. It could be a few weeks even... all that would be normal and what we have seen before.

==========================

(Moderator note. OP can you remind me what date you picked up your car? I want to put that in the thread title. At least right now, we dont know if its "all 2021s" or "2021s after a certain date".

I know the build month of your car was february from reading the thread, but dont remember when you picked up.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind, I decided to just put the build month of your vehicle in the title vs the date picked up, because the build month of the vehicle is more relevant).

Last edited:
Reactions: TBrownTX and 808BOB
Which is more curious, that Bob is the only person in America to have received a heated steering wheel?

Or that Bob is the only person since 2020 to have received a *car*?

I think Bob has some explaining to do. Any chance "Bob" has a wife named Grimes? Or a kid with the letter(s) Æ in his name? I think I might have a guess as to "Bob's" true identity.

Which is more curious, that Bob is the only person in America to have received a heated steering wheel?

Or that Bob is the only person since 2020 to have received a *car*?

I think Bob has some explaining to do. Any chance "Bob" has a wife named Grimes? Or a kid with the letter(s) Æ in his name? I think I might have a guess as to "Bob's" true identity.

I got mine Jan 6th 2021

Any chance "Bob" has a wife named Grimes? - Eww
Or a kid with the letter(s) Æ in his name? - OMG, NO! Just, NO!!

LMAO