Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Holiday Firmware Release - Predictions and Impressions (after release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Count me in as one who is really annoyed that this is a regression. When I saw that the bottom bar was customizable, I wanted it to be FULLY customizable. Let me put seat heaters and glove box and save dashcam clip buttons there and I’ll be happy.

Also, bring back the cards.

Don’t forget!

EA70DE3F-9B50-4D81-B80C-962E6B4078E9.gif

Just updated, and found it is really annoying with the inconsistent behaviour around climate control. If I tap the temperature or slide up from the bottom of the screen, it brings up the full climate control view. But if I slide horizontally on the temperature or tap the arrows around the temperature to change it, it will bring up a small row of buttons. When I'm driving and could not position my fingers super accurately, how could I know which will be brought up and predict the next control locations on the screen?

Earlier when I was driving I instinctively thought I’d check to see how many miles I’d driven since leaving the house and what my consumption is, so I move to swipe out the trip card before remembering it is gone. ☹️ /foghorn

Also - in the pouring rain I thought I’d prove how easy it was to control the wipers with voice commands. I said things like “wipers off”, “wipers auto”, “wipers 3”, etc. And it worked great! .. mostly. because then I said “wipers four”, which the car interpreted as “wipers FOR” and failed miserably. 😔 How the heck did that make it through QC????

Sad!

Has anyone figured out how to access the sentry/dashcam viewer? The dashcam icon is no longer above the map. When I find dashcam in the control menu, it just seems to turn dashcam on or off, I can't bring up the viewer.

The dashcam viewer's a separate app that you reach from the little 3-dot menu at the bottom (and so you can pin it on your dock if wanted). Looks like the camera display icon but with a little red 'recording' dot.