Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3P - Is it totalled?

Is it totalled?

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite apart from the parts cost there's the time it would take - all the while the liable party having to stump up for a hire car. It doesn't take long to hit the point at which writing it off makes economic sense for the one paying the bills.

This is the key thing.

Whether it's repairable is not the same as whether it's a write off. A write off is an economic decision.

The insurer needs to sum up the costs to repair the car, and guarantee the repairs, plus all of the incidental costs such as hire cars etc. Then work out what they can get for salvage value for the wreck.

Then work out whether it makes better economic sense to write it off and pay out the driver.

This is the key thing.

Whether it's repairable is not the same as whether it's a write off. A write off is an economic decision.

The insurer needs to sum up the costs to repair the car, and guarantee the repairs, plus all of the incidental costs such as hire cars etc. Then work out what they can get for salvage value for the wreck.

Then work out whether it makes better economic sense to write it off and pay out the driver.
To add to this, if the insurance company has a lot of repairs waiting on the books it might work out cheaper to write it off than repair it. This almost happened to mine and I only had multiple minor panel damage. That way they can get the other repairs done. Hopefully it works out for you.

Reactions: Onshore
Yes very sorry for this unfortunate set of circumstances mate. Just sucks buddy.

So now that the pleasantries are done hehe :) How much ya want for the tow hook? Is it an appropriately long enough sympathy and mourning time before we all haggle over the corpse :) Jokes. But I will buy the tow hook at ok price :)

Yes very sorry for this unfortunate set of circumstances mate. Just sucks buddy.

So now that the pleasantries are done hehe :) How much ya want for the tow hook? Is it an appropriately long enough sympathy and mourning time before we all haggle over the corpse :) Jokes. But I will buy the tow hook at ok price :)
I think the tow hook probably belongs to the insurance company now

Reactions: fholbert