Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nowhere was it stated that it was a complete scientific test, and I assumed whoever watched the video recognize that it's completely non-scientific. Maybe it is true that nothing is too obviously nowadays.

It at least shows that there was no noticeable difference in those, hmm, driving conditions. I'll await your full scientific test results.
If they know they'redoing it wrong then why put it on YouTube?
I'm not going to test it. I dont have the equipment or two similar cars of different builds. I think it's better to not do it than do it wrong

advertise 353 miles with the battery lottery that's supposedly going on, and especially when some might actually see 353 miles and some seeing 332.
Maybe the US models will have the bigger batteries, who knows.

An app without a spectrum analyzer, running on a random phone placed on top of a vibrating surface.
The result is: Yes! Both cars make noise.
I have to give the norwegian credit - he has a point;)

Also...using the voice comand (in German) "heater warmer" / "increase heating" in a refresh model 3 drops the error message "activation of heated steering wheel has failed"!!

This is worth a try in English :)

Model 3 Refresh aus Oktober 2020

I tried this in my 2021 " turn on heated steering wheel" it responded with "activation of heated steering wheel failed"

i tried random commands like "turn on heated trunk" just to see if it would respond with something similar. it just turned on the climate so i think there must be a heated steering wheel.

hopefully V11 update will enable it.

I tried this in my 2021 " turn on heated steering wheel" it responded with "activation of heated steering wheel failed"

i tried random commands like "turn on heated trunk" just to see if it would respond with something similar. it just turned on the climate so i think there must be a heated steering wheel.

I'm pretty sure it has been saying that since they enabled extra voice commands. It isn't just on 2021 models...

I suspect much whining will ensue when the USA folks start getting their 2021 LR cars and not seeing 353 miles. Seriously though, how can Tesla advertise 353 miles with the battery lottery that's supposedly going on, and especially when some might actually see 353 miles and some seeing 332.

First noise test between a 2020 and 2021 I've seen. As I suspected, the double pane glass makes no difference, at least at the speeds tested. It might make some difference to reduce wind noise at higher speeds, but I think much of the loudness from the Model 3 comes from road noise.

That test is the perfect example of pseudoscience.

Reactions: Zakalwe
That test is the perfect example of pseudoscience.
Again, who said it was at all scientific? Some just love to criticize the work of others without any contribution of their own. I wanted to know if road noise is at all improved in the 2021 and they showed that it does not (not that I expected the double pane glass to help with road noise). Might be helpful to those considering to trade up to a 2021 such as myself.

Again, who said it was at all scientific? Some just love to criticize the work of others without any contribution of their own. I wanted to know if road noise is at all improved in the 2021 and they showed that it does not (not that I expected the double pane glass to help with road noise). Might be helpful to those considering to trade up to a 2021 such as myself.
And some people love to praise the work of others without considering the quality.
Congratulate effort, applaud mediocrity

I suspect much whining will ensue when the USA folks start getting their 2021 LR cars and not seeing 353 miles. Seriously though, how can Tesla advertise 353 miles with the battery lottery that's supposedly going on, and especially when some might actually see 353 miles and some seeing 332.

First noise test between a 2020 and 2021 I've seen. As I suspected, the double pane glass makes no difference, at least at the speeds tested. It might make some difference to reduce wind noise at higher speeds, but I think much of the loudness from the Model 3 comes from road noise.

Good to know there isn't any remarkable difference.