Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure they’re now well aware of the issue and hopefully have fixed it on the manufacturing level. Needs a replacement part.
I suspect that similar to the motor for the adjustable front display, it was removed at the last minute by Tesla. Perhaps someone will figure out a way to power these bulbs down the road, as that would be cool.
Has someone opened it up to confirm there’s no motor there? I thought screen tilt was coming OTA

Reactions: impastu
Yeah, I also went snooping with my SnakeCam--the articulating bracket is there, but no motors.
So they have advertised the following features as coming with the vehicle but there are no signs of them:

Tilting screen
Heated windshield
SiriusXM
Active noise cancellation (allegedly coming with a software update.)
Bluetooth for backseat infotainment (allegedly coming with a software update.)

How long are they going to get away with this nonsense?

So they have advertised the following features as coming with the vehicle but there are no signs of them:

Tilting screen
Heated windshield
SiriusXM
Active noise cancellation (allegedly coming with a software update.)
Bluetooth for backseat infotainment (allegedly coming with a software update.)

How long are they going to get away with this nonsense?
Tilting screen is not advertised. Heated windshield is there (it’s in the black area of the windshield to keep the wipers from freezing).

Sirius isn’t there. ANC is coming “soon”. AutoPark isn’t there currently either (software update at some point).

• Informative
here’s something that I have kind of noticed. is it just me, or is the A/C a little slow to actually start cooling. when I first turn on my car, the A/C comes off as normal, rather than cool. It takes a bit for the air to actually start cooling down. It’s a little annoying, I did not notice this on my previous car— the cool A/C air was felt almost instantly…

Reactions: Fastcar and impastu
here’s something that I have kind of noticed. is it just me, or is the A/C a little slow to actually start cooling. when I first turn on my car, the A/C comes off as normal, rather than cool. It takes a bit for the air to actually start cooling down. It’s a little annoying, I did not notice this on my previous car— the cool A/C air was felt almost instantly…
I have noticed this a few times, but usually resolves once I start driving.

Reactions: impastu and r3nd3r
I have noticed this a few times, but usually resolves once I start driving.
Yep, AC is way less instant than in the Model 3 I had. In general I’m far less happy with the car’s cooling ability.

Reactions: impastu and r3nd3r
I'm not happy with the quality of the wood trim and would appreciate other opinions on this before my service appointment.

Pretty much all of the walnut trim in my Plaid has small splits and checks. The small sharp edges are very obvious to the touch and can be seen clearly. I have added this to the punch list for my car when I go in for it's first service appointment. I am also a woodworker so I am particularly tuned to defects like these. The wood feels like it split during forming and they did not smooth it afterward.

I have told the service rep that at this price point I consider this unacceptable and it all needs to be replaced or changed to CF. Am I being unreasonable?

View attachment 701911 View attachment 701912 View attachment 701913 View attachment 701914
Not at all

Tilting screen is not advertised. Heated windshield is there (it’s in the black area of the windshield to keep the wipers from freezing).

Sirius isn’t there. ANC is coming “soon”. AutoPark isn’t there currently either (software update at some point).
That is not a heated windshield. Those are heated wiper blades which the MS always had and were advertised as such.

Sirius is listed on the Monroney sticker so that’s a BIG problem for them if it’s not there.

I believe tilting screen was advertised at one point. I’ll have to check. (Confirmed. It was listed on the Tesla website.)